Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Vadi

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet [Beta?]

Post by Vadi »

Oneymus wrote:Understandable. And I would haven't gone this direction if I wasn't the one taking on most of the responsibility, as I'll be maintaining this particular mudlet-lua fork and pushing it back up to Vadi's.
OK - so I'll integrate Vyzor in directory-wise, you'll fork and work on that?

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

I have a fork of mudlet-lua, and I was going to integrate Vyzor and send you a pull request. If you'd rather we do it your way, that's fine.

I've been working on getting Vyzor ready for inclusion; certain things that made sense as a package don't work if Vyzor is automatically loaded, so I've been hunting down those sorts of things. For instance, Vyzor assumes total control Mudlet's borders because the assumption was that, if you have the package installed, you meant to use it. So I had to fix that.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Ahh ok, didn't know. Keep doing what you're doing.

Lansolyn

Post by Lansolyn »

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out this GUI and it's very challenging. So, I'm a bit confused. How would I send my chat to a mini-console? For example, the mini-console designated for chat in the sample.gui?

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

Lansolyn wrote: I'm trying to figure out this GUI and it's very challenging. So, I'm a bit confused. How would I send my chat to a mini-console? For example, the mini-console designated for chat in the sample.gui?
Oddly enough, I learned more from going through the test aliases (look in Aliases->Vyzor) than from the sample gui. Because each test is a focused usage of a particular feature, it makes it easy to dig in and figure out what it is doing and cut&paste some stuff to get you going. The sample gui, while very nicely organized, can actually make it a little harder to bootstrap yourself into something functional _because_ of that organization. While the aliases probably aren't the way you'd want to organize your own code, for getting started I'd suggest taking a peek there.

For MiniConsoles in particular, check out the TestConsole alias.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Good idea, Daagar. Until I can put together the real tutorial, I'm afraid looking through those sorts of examples is going to be the most educational.

As for pasting something into a MiniConsole, you call :Echo() or :Paste() or even :AppendBuffer() on your MiniConsole.
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
new_console = Vyzor.MiniConsole( "name", 0, 0, 1, 1 )
new_console:Echo( "Stuff!" )
new_console:Paste()
new_console:AppendBuffer()

chris

Post by chris »

Is there a way to completely nuke the Vyzor settings? For trying to experiment with it, it's sort of annoying to have to reload a profile to get rid of some images/icons that are stuck on the screen.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet does not have a function to delete a label, only hide... so that hinders it a bit.

chris

Post by chris »

i believe you mean not yet :-)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Look at Heiko's posts on this, at some point I think he wrote out which infrastructure is necessary for this