Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Oneymus

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet [Beta?]

Post by Oneymus »

I believe this is a Qt limitation. As far as I am aware, you can only have one border in a stylesheet.

I will do further research when I am able.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Vyzor.BorderSide()

I was playing around with this earlier and couldn't figure out exactly how it works. Here was my attempt but didn't work for me:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
--Creating the border sides
GUI.Menu["BorderTL"] = Vyzor.BorderSide( 1, Vyzor.BorderStyle.Solid, Vyzor.Brush( Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "white" )), 0 )
GUI.Menu["BorderTR"] = Vyzor.BorderSide( 1, Vyzor.BorderStyle.Solid, Vyzor.Brush( Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "white" )), 10 )
GUI.Menu["BorderLL"] = Vyzor.BorderSide( 1, Vyzor.BorderStyle.Solid, Vyzor.Brush( Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "white" )), 0 )
GUI.Menu["BorderLR"] = Vyzor.BorderSide( 1, Vyzor.BorderStyle.Solid, Vyzor.Brush( Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "white" )), 0 )
--Adding the sides to a Frame called GUI.Menu.Base
GUI.Menu.Base:Add( Vyzor.Border( 1, Vyzor.BorderStyle.Solid, Vyzor.Brush( Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "white" )),10,{GUI.Menu.BorderTL,GUI.Menu.BorderTR,GUI.Menu.BorderLL,GUI.Menu.BorderLR})
I was hoping to make the top-right corner have a rounded edge but I don't see where I'm declaring which side the border should be applied.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

When setting Vyzor.Color, colors with an underscore won't work. Not sure if this is intentional.

When setting a callback function, the function cannot include a global variable. For example, this will work:
myFrame.Callback = "Clicky"
This will not work:
myFrame.Callback = "myGlobalVar:Clicky"

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Can you even do the : syntax with normal callback functions? I just use the . Syntax an pass the variables I need (strings and numbers only) afterward.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You can't indeed. If you really need to do :, you can emulate it by passing the myGlobalVar as the first parameter.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

well that explains it :P

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

I'll look into this over the weekend (~7/5-7/7) and see what I can find. Nothing stood out to me after a cursory inspection of the code.

achlee

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Post by achlee »

I prefer to keep a white background for my clients. That means I would like to change the default background color for widgets.

Specifically, how would I change the default background for:

Vyzor.Chat
Vyzor.MiniConsole

Lilypad

Post by Lilypad »

This is going to sound silly, but how do I download Vyzor? Do I just make new scripts for it? Or is there a better way to put it all in?

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Click on the link to GitHub in the first post. There, you will find the vyzor.mpackage. Download that. Then, using Mudlet's Package Manager, install that .mpackage.

Then you make your GUI. Vyzor is documented on the Wiki (also linked in the first post), and you can use the alias "vyzor help" to pull up your web browser with API documentation.

Any other questions, feel free to make a new thread and I will answer as I can.