Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Caled

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet [Beta?]

Post by Caled »

This is all output in my main window.
vdraw: alias calling Vyzor.HUD:Draw()
@: alias displaying a table
lua: alias running lua at the command line
vdraw
@lyr.test.overlay.Components

table {
'Background': table {}
}
@lyr.test.overlay.Stylesheet

'background-position: top left; background-repeat: repeat-xy; background-color:
rgba(10, 10, 10, 170);'
vdraw
@lyr.test.overlay.Components

nil
@lyr.test.overlay.Stylesheet

'background-position: top left; background-repeat: repeat-xy; background-color:
rgba(10, 10, 10, 170);'
As you can see, the component is being removed, but it seems that the stylesheet is not being updated?

I played around with some test echoes in frame.lua, and both updateStylesheet() and setLabelStyleSheet( name, stylesheet ) are being called where it seems they should be, but beyond that I don't understand enough to see what is (or is not) happening.

Eloise

Post by Eloise »

I'm having trouble installing this. I'm using Mudlet 2.0 test 4 on a Mac. I've downloaded the package from github and installed via the package manager as normal. I get a message "loading modules" as expected, then nothing. The Vyzor script throws errors that make it look like the location detection code isn't working. Any good tips?

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Post the error code. Also, do you receive the same error if you download and install the .mpackage attached to the first post of this thread?

Eloise

Post by Eloise »

Turns out it's my bad - if I install the .mpackage from github it works. Installing the .xml file (as I have with previous packages causes problems. Thanks.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Ah, good to hear everything worked out. And, yes, definitely install the .mpackage, since it unzips all of the files in the proper place for you.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Does Vyzor allow you to place labels over the main window where text flies? I figured I could just add a label to Vyzor.HUD rather than Vyzor.Left/Right/Top/Bottom but it didn't seem to work.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

In theory, that should work. However, I often have mixed results trying to do displays Labels over the Main Console. A Frame will be drawn if it is a child of the HUD (the Border Frames are exactly that), but whether Mudlet will handle it as one expects is another matter entirely.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

I'm having trouble echoing my afflictions to a miniconsole using Vyzor and svo. Here's an excerpt of the event handler I'm using to update the miniconsole:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
function affHandler(eventname, data)
	afflictionBoxConsole:Echo("\nEvent: %s, data: %s", eventname, data)
end
The event handlers being svo got aff and svo lost aff. The script name is affHandler.

Here's a screen shot of the script in action:
oi45.tinypic.com/ngadxl.jpg

When I echo using svo.echof(), it works just fine (shown inside the green rectangle)
But when I echo using Vyzor's afflictionBoxConsole:Echo() it returns what's shown in the red circle. Rather than the affliction names, I get a %s.

Any ideas on how I can get this working properly so that the affliction names are displayed in the miniconsole?

Lezard

Post by Lezard »

You would need to use string.format() to get that to work :p
So you would put:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
afflictionBoxConsole:Echo(string.format("\nEvent: %s, data: %s", eventname, data))

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Ah. Rockin'. Works perfect. Thank you