[Achaea/Svo] Tarot Inscribing Script

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
charysis

[Achaea/Svo] Tarot Inscribing Script

Post by charysis »

Greetings- Mot from Achaea here..

This is a script I worked up with Mosr last night to assist in inscribing tarot cards: it is intended for users of Svo, though it could easily be adapted to work without that system. In fact, if you have any curing system with a 'pause' function (i.e. that is a way to pause your system's curing) that can be called from script, it would be VERY easy to adapt this.

To use it:

ASCRIBE <# of cards> <cardtype> - begins inscribing blanks with the given card-type to the number specified.
example: ascribe 10 empress

ASCRIBE PAUSE - pauses inscribing.

ASCRIBE RESUME - resumes inscribing at the point it was paused. Counts are remembered as long as your session hasn't been closed.

Other points of interest:

#1. The script pauses Svo while inscribing to avoid interruption and resumes Svo at the successful completion OF EACH CARD. (This is to allow for mana sips and such.)

#2. Blank cards are OUTD'd one at a time just before inscribing begins. Originally I OUTD'd a bulk amount to match the quantity desired but this is not ideal (theft, disconnect and drop, etc.)

#3. Once finished with the batch, all the inscribed cards are IND'd. I do it this way to save a little time inscribing but you could adjust it to IND each card as it is inscribed.

#4. Mosr suggested using disableTrigger() to pause the script. I elected to make use of Lua's first-class functions. (To see what I mean, look at the ASCRIBE PAUSE and ASCRIBE RESUME aliases.)

Enjoy!
==================================

As this is intended for Svo-users, you should all have test3 and the package-manager, therefor just download and import the zip! In total, the package is two functions, three aliases, and three triggers. The third trigger is to resume if inscribing is somehow interrupted and the card is thrown away. It resumes inscribing while keeping the proper count (i.e. it doesn't count a ruined card as a successful.)

Edit: As always, I appreciate comments/feedback/suggestions/corrections/"Nice-jobs!" :)
Attachments
tarot.zip
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 824 times

charysis

Re: [Achaea/Svo] Tarot Inscribing Script

Post by charysis »

Heh, I'll make a new version of this script that doesn't -

BUG : if you press ASCRIBE PAUSE twice, i.e. consecutively without resuming in between, the function tarotWrite is permanently assigned nil. To get around it, open scripts and click the tarotinscriber script once (which reassigns the proper operations to tarotWrite). this also resets the count though, so you would need to do ascribe # card again to start it back up.

This is what I get for writing scripts at 2:00am after LOTS of achaea and VERY LITTLE sleep.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Nice job! :)

Mosr

Post by Mosr »

I didn't really do much. I just forced you to stick to 1 way of doing it rather than watching you write and rewrite the main function 13209132095325 times. :P

charysis

Post by charysis »

Imagine if you hadn't been there..

much appreciated

BiShan

Post by BiShan »

Ok, dl'd as is, and I don't have SVO. It works up to make a single card, however I can't figure out what I would need to switch in order to make the continuation trigger work

EDIT: Not a complete solution, but I figured out how to make it continue. I needed to remove the svo script reference from the finished card trigger, working on integrating my simple sipper with it for mana as needed. Thanks for the inscriber, very very helpful, especially to me as a new tarot user.

Vhalkier

Post by Vhalkier »

Another thing that I don't see that would be cool, is having an echo that counts how many are left, and make it so you can queue more than one batch.

Rixius

Post by Rixius »

This works great. I might extend it to do the things mentioned here, Counts and Queues.

Is it some form of FLOSS License, so I can redistribute it here when I change it.