basic Materia Magica UI and GMCP mapper

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
breakone9r

basic Materia Magica UI and GMCP mapper

Post by breakone9r »

This is an initial release. It's very much still a work in progress, but it's in a very usable state. No bells and whistles. Just a clean, basic interface. Gauges for HP, SP and ST, as well as an experience bar.

I'm pretty confident that this package is now in a pretty workable state. That said, there will be no more updates to this thread. Instead, all new versions will be available on my github: https://github.com/breakone9r/mmpkg

There's a capture window on the right, as well as a map. I've managed to replicate some of the functionality of Ruthgul's imap-GMCP script, so when you're out in the woods, you get a map of Alyria, and an arrow displaying your current location.

As of now, only Alyria has an imap. No underground, or faerie plane maps yet.
All known outside areas now have a working imap

Also, not all cities and places are mapped. Only the places I've managed to do so. Feel free to upload your mm_map.dat from your profile/map directory. (Note: once the init process has completed, the map database at profile/mm_package/mm_map.dat is no longer needed, and will not be updated. All maps from that point forward will be saved in your profile/map directory.)
All map updates can be done from within the script, by running "mapper update" - It's (as of this moment) a fairly large file at just over 5MiB in size. You've been warned.

If you are having problems. first be sure you have no other mapper scripts running. IE remove "generic-mapper"

Update! Fixed a small file path issue with the two included images. Please redownload if you're having issues.
Another Update! Took Vadi's suggestion, and automated the initialization. It is no longer necessary to run "init" manually.
Update 6 Aug 2020: Fixed some "I'm an idiot." errors that creeped in, and updated the included maps.
Now with even more areas mapped, and more bugs squashed!

22 August 2020: switched over to the new package name, and all updates will be on github. I'll leave the old version available down below just in case the new version doesn't work quite right. Although it's been tested, and should be fine.

Attachments
mm_package.mpackage
Update: 17 Aug 2020
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 341 times
Last edited by breakone9r on Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:22 am, edited 12 times in total.

Vadi

Re: basic Materia Magica UI and GMCP mapper

Post by Vadi »

Very nice!

You can automate the init with a sysInstall event as well: https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Event_ ... sysInstall

breakone9r

Post by breakone9r »

I have done just that, Vadi. New version has been uploaded to the original post.

breakone9r

Post by breakone9r »

New updated package uploaded to the first post. Fixed some "breakone9r is an idiot" errors. As well as adding the maps for the starting area.

breakone9r

Post by breakone9r »

Several features re-worked, and some added.

Can now search for rooms with certain flags: shop, trainer, safe, high-regen

Obviously, the functionality needs an updated map, and not all areas have been set up for it completely.

"mapper shop" and "mapper trainer" will toggle the room to be shop and/or trainer respectively. Yes, rooms can be both.

Safe, and high-regen rooms must be known before they can be shown. Maps made with earlier mm_mapper scripts will not have the information added. but if you just explore the rooms again, it'll add the roomflags as it sees them.

Updated version uploaded to the first post in the thread.

breakone9r

Post by breakone9r »

More updates to the package. the basics of an affects tracker, "functionizing" some things, and added a basic quest timer and added coordinates to most rooms in the outdoors zones.

breakone9r

Post by breakone9r »

I've now moved further development of this package to my github: https://github.com/breakone9r/mmpkg -- all future updates will happen there.