Command-line Highlights, Aliases, Variables Package (Screenshots)

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
rahsael

Command-line Highlights, Aliases, Variables Package (Screenshots)

Post by rahsael »

This package creates a system for managing aliases, variables, and highlights using command lines. It is a vast improvement over my previously posted highlight and alias scripts, and it is included in my skin for Carrion Fields. (https://github.com/Rahsael/CFGUI/releases)

Aliases can include multiple commands, variables (set within this system), and user input. The aliases are saved in aliases.lua

Variables are saved in user_variables.lua, and the script can be customized to include default variables.

Highlight can accept any color from Mudlet's list. Highlights are saved in highlights.lua

This is incredibly useful for players used to simpler clients and frightened of scripting and can be easily used in any codebase. Enjoy!
vars.jpg
vars.jpg (58.07 KiB) Viewed 7971 times
hav.jpg
hav.jpg (57.48 KiB) Viewed 7971 times
highlights.jpg
highlights.jpg (43.87 KiB) Viewed 7971 times
Attachments
HAV.mpackage
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 400 times

Laps

Re: Command-line Highlights, Aliases, Variables Package (Screenshots)

Post by Laps »

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! However, I'm running into an issue with aliases when running the package I just downloaded from this page (looks like it's Alias version 1.3 from 3/26/2020).

I'm trying to make an alias that utilizes the # matcher, but it just throws an error - see paste below.

Is there a newer version of this package somewhere, which might include a bug fix?

It's worth noting I'm using Mudlet 4.10.1 on MacOS 10.13.6.

Code: Select all

alias test foo # bar
New alias: test » foo # bar
test
[  LUA  ] - object: <69> function:<Alias69>
            <[string "Alias: a"]:2: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)>
test x
[  LUA  ] - object: <69> function:<Alias69>
            <[string "Alias: a"]:2: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)>

Alyven

Re: Command-line Highlights, Aliases, Variables Package (Screenshots)

Post by Alyven »

I'm running into the same issue as Laps.
The version downloadable here doesn't seem to work.
Tested the version integrated in the Carrion Fields package and that one works well.