cMud Map Importer

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Darmir

Re: cMud Map Importer

Post by Darmir »

You need to set yourself to a room number. You can set yourself to a room number centerview(roomId). This needs to be called from an alias, etc.
Also remember this only imports the map it doesn't import any scripts to map or move in the map.

chris

Post by chris »

Actually room scripts are imported and kept in the database. Obviously it is up to you to convert any cmud specifics

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

chris wrote:Actually room scripts are imported and kept in the database. Obviously it is up to you to convert any cmud specifics
Chris where in the database is the room scripts imported. I looked at the one I imported and didn't see them.

ctopha2

Post by ctopha2 »

Darmir wrote:You need to set yourself to a room number. You can set yourself to a room number centerview(roomId). This needs to be called from an alias, etc.
Also remember this only imports the map it doesn't import any scripts to map or move in the map.

How should this alias look? Making an alias for centerview(somenumber) doesn't do anything.

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

Example:
Alias name: setroom
Pattern: setlocation (.+)$
Lua Code:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
centerview(matches[2])

chris

Post by chris »

If the room scritpts aren't being imported, just wait for an update. I'm going to put exit labels on too soon. Soon as I get time to do that I'll put an updated script up. You can also just look at the cmud database and in the SELECT ... statement add the scripts to extract them

sircurmudgeon

Post by sircurmudgeon »

Couldn't for the life of me get this to work. Everything seems to work, but the map refuses to show up =/

Might be the map source, but I dunno. It's 11 MB mdb and includes image tiles for map icons iirc. Took -forever- to import, but it seemed to work until I actually tried to pull up the map and use it. Room not found messages. Is there a step I missed, or is it because of the icons? Sorry, just discovered this client and I like it, but maps are vital in this mud.

The maps are for SWmud.

chris

Post by chris »

You mean image tiles made with zmapper or whatever that plugin was called?
I'll have an updated script up later today as well that, should you want, will also label zone exits. By default it's disabled because the 2d map doesn't allow a label in z, so you end up with labels on every level of your map within a given zone.

chris

Post by chris »

The script has been updated, and I also imported your SWmud map just fine.

InTheWorks

Post by InTheWorks »

This import script does not work for me. I was having issues with a very large dataset, but I am having the same trouble with a very small dataset. I used the automapper in cmud to map a handful of rooms. I then tried to import into new profiles with both scripts from the first post.

The error I get is:

LUA: ERROR running script Create map from cmud (Alias25) ERROR:[string "----------------------------
-----------------..."]:114: attempt to index local 'zonerec' (a nil value)

I've made the small map available here:
http://temp-share.com/show/FHKdPfzae

I'm using one of the 2.0 test something or other mudlet versions (with map support). About Mudlet says:
Mudlet 2.0 June 12, 2011

Platform is windows xp.

Anyone know what might be wrong?