cMud Map Importer

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
argosen

Re: cMud Map Importer

Post by argosen »

2.0 test 4

mordisko

Post by mordisko »

Hello there!

I just discovered Mudlet today and I'm amazed as its the best cliet I found so far.

I downloaded Mudlet 2.0 (June 12, 2011) and I'm trying to import a map I have in cmud format (I used the mdb->dbm conversion tool found in Zuggsoft's downlad) but it just doesn't work. No errors, no messages displayed at all.

First I use the alias "cmud importmap", a dialog shows asking me to select the map file and here it ends. No feedback at all, nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

chris

Post by chris »

That probably means everything is fine. You can check the errors log to see if there are any. You need to use centerview to assign your room position after

mordisko

Post by mordisko »

Thanks for the quick answer!

I used centerview(1), I don't know the ID of any room so I tried that, nothing seemed to happen.

Where's the error log located? sorry, I'm very new with this.

The map has 18.000+ rooms, how much time should it take to impor it?

chris

Post by chris »

The error log is located in scripts->errors, or you can bring up the debug screen from there as well. To see the rooms imported, you can do something like this:
getAreaTable()
pick a zone from there and:
getAreaRooms(#)

Alternatively you can use getRooms() to see every room, or you can use the area pulldown tab on the mapper. Be wary though, you need to setup scripts for your map, there are a few instances here showing how to (I have one for 3kingdoms for example).

mordisko

Post by mordisko »

Thanks!

Finally the map appears; i guess i was on the wrong area :oops:. I'll try to work out some script for it and see if I can zoom it out, because when I try it freezes and doesn't show a thing.

Thanks again!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Do you have a lot.of labels on thrmap, by chance?

mordisko

Post by mordisko »

Yep, there's a lot of them.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That'll be the issue. They're very slow atm.

chris

Post by chris »

What version are you on? I fixed the latest one to only render labels you can see and have been looking around for other ways to optimize them. On another note, I managed to convert the cmud colors->mudlet, but i needed an external library to do the bit math. Does anyone know of a bit library built within lua or of a way to do it natively in lua?