cMud Map Importer

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Painted

Re: cMud Map Importer

Post by Painted »

I am sorry, I am going to sound like an idiot. I am completely new to mudlet. how do I make this run?

Eraene

Post by Eraene »

Is it not possible for this script to read stub exits from cmud maps? I'm importing a map with a lot of unfinished areas and manually adding stubs where they're supposed to be is a bit of a pain.

Edit: To clarify this point, the stub exits from CMUD are imported into the mudlet map as self-looping exits. I want it to not do that, and leave them as stubs. Can that be done?

GErswin

Post by GErswin »

Hey chris, thanks for the tool. I'm trying to get it working, but after I import my map, I don't see anything. When I display getRooms(), it returns an empty table. I can see my map in cMUD though. Any ideas?

GErswin

Post by GErswin »

Actually, Eraene helped me and I figured out that there's something in my map that's preventing it from importing. Not sure what it is though.

If I try to import a much simpler version of the map, then it imports fine.

sonic306

Post by sonic306 »

So i made a fresh windows install and i have imported the script and now this is the error that is showing up:

Lua syntax error:[string "-------------------------------------------..."]:282: module 'luasql' not found: no field package.preload['luasql'] no file 'C:\Users\Michael\.config\mudlet\profiles\3Kingdoms\luasql.lua' no file 'C:\Users\Michael\.config\mudlet\profiles\3Kingdoms\luasql\init.lua' no file '.\luasql.lua' no file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Mudlet\app-4.11.2\lua\luasql.lua' no file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Mudlet\app-4.11.2\lua\luasql\init.lua' no file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Mudlet\app-4.11.2\luasql.lua' no file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Mudlet\app-4.11.2\luasql\init.lua' no file 'C:\Users\Michael\.config\mudlet\profiles\3Kingdoms\luasql.dll' no file 'C:\Qt\Tools\mingw730_32\lib\lua\5.1\luasql.dll' no file '.\luasql.dll' no file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Mudlet\app-4.11.2\luasql.dll' no file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Mudlet\app-4.11.2\loadall.dll'

Thanks in advance for the help

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Is your Mudlet installation OK? Typing in lua luasql should show you this:
Selection_128.png
Selection_128.png (26.72 KiB) Viewed 10150 times

sonic306

Post by sonic306 »

yeap, seems fine,
this is the output :
{
_CLIENTVERSION = "3.28.0",
_COPYRIGHT = "Copyright (C) 2003-2020 Kepler Project",
_DESCRIPTION = "LuaSQL is a simple interface from Lua to a DBMS",
_VERSION = "LuaSQL 2.6.0 (for Lua 5.1)",
sqlite3 = <function 1>
}

I did though comment out the following line from the script : --require "luasql"
then it started working.

on another note, importing the map does not make it usable, as the mapper will not follow, anyway to resolve that?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

> on another note, importing the map does not make it usable, as the mapper will not follow, anyway to resolve that?

That is true, following in a game is a separate issue. Depends on the game since each one does rooms in their own unique manner, but get started by doing "map help" and "map debug".

sonic306

Post by sonic306 »

It is strange, if i do a double click on a room on the map it will move to the room but the map will not follow, but if i will just move with the keys it will not move and wont follow

kalrykh

Post by kalrykh »

FYI on this, since there hasn't been a lot of recent activity in the thread, this importer still seems to work fine. For large cmud map databases, it can take quite a while to import. I force closed mudlet quite a few times thinking it was dead. I finally decided to just let the import continue to see if it would ever complete. About 20 minutes later, it was done and the map was pulled in.