TorilMud

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Nyyrazzilyss

TorilMud

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I've posted a Toril script for Mudlet 3.x.x+ 3.3.1 recommended http://www.mudlet.org If it's a prior version of Mudlet, it won't work.

Latest stable script version posted (8/3/2017) is 011c https://github.com/Nyyrazzilyss/NyyLIB/ ... IB011c.zip

Image Image
Image Image

New installation:

Create a new toril profile (torilmud.com 9999), and connect to it. Don't log in to the mud (yet). Use the mudlet package manager icon to import the nyylib zip file you downloaded. (Don't unzip it).

Type '#help' for client related instructions.
Type 'set' for a list of settings/options.

Once installed, the script can be bypassed and anything sent direct to the mud by typing the first letter of the command as a capital letter.

Updating:

Prior to updating, use the #backup command to make a backup of your datafiles into another folder. Note: This doesn't backup any changes you might have made to the script itself.

Recommended:

Create a new profile. Install the new package to the new profile, and use the #backup command again to restore the datafiles to the new profile. Don't touch/delete the old profile.
Exit and restart mudlet.

Not recommended:

To update in the pre-existing profile, select the package manager icon inside mudlet, and uninstall the previous package installed. Import the new nyylib zip file you downloaded (Don't unzip it -
Note: Safari by default auto unzips files it downloads). Exit and restart mudlet.

** NOTE ** - The previous package will be prefixed with NyyLIB - Don't remove anything else!

Map progress is saved when updating. Type '#map update' to add new included areas to the loaded map image without losing previous progress.

Known Issues:

The script won't run properly if the installation path includes a '$' or non-latin characters as part of the path.

-- 011c

-- bugfixes
-- poisons will be identified when looking in containers
-- added autohide to rogue
-- .. will walk reverse paths example: ..5ne will walk .w5s
-- katumi database update - 7/11/17
-- looting is disabled when you join a group
-- #room window is now flicker free
-- #fpet - retrieves lost pets
-- ungrouped followers are shown on group display
-- added ancient staff of the ashen soul
-- pet casting scripts
-- pet followers are named/numbered with unique names
-- gui windows redesign
-- spirit wrack added to a-p, fell frost to invoker
-- some text buttons have been replaced with icons
-- generated room, status, group, followers requests are gagged
-- incorrect group classes will be corrected if you type 'who'
-- equipment buttons will update immediatly when you remove/wear the item
-- code for buttons and timers changed
-- starttrain tank moblist : optional, moblist is the name of a variable with a list of mobs to attack
-- improved necro pet (ghost) spellcast
-- more code refactors
-- all generated status requests are now gagged
-- #fwalk area - list fwalks for current area only
-- lich/necro buttons
-- autoassist will work with ungrouped pet followers
-- added outflank
-- refactored train - use 'starttrain tank' to start as engine
-- alias: stpm - sets the character as not moving
-- Added say, auction to tabbed chat windows
-- Map updated: full size 317 areas 44958 rooms

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: TorilMud

Post by SlySven »

Nyyrazzilyss wrote:...
Known Issues:

The script won't run properly if the installation path includes a '$' or non-latin characters as part of the path....
I will get around to fixing that by 4.0.0 - the non-Latin part is mainly going to be an issue on Windows I think as that is quite happy to allow user names to contain all sorts of characters which then get included in the user's home directory path...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Looks great! Thanks for posting this.

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

Nothing makes me want to check out (or revisit) a mud more than seeing a well-developed mudlet interface with mapping correctly integrated. Well done!

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

I just read on the Toril forums that your mapper works by having everything pre-mapped, but becomes visible as you explore. That's just awesome. Kudos on having such a complete map available. I'm now even more excited to play around with this.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Daagar wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm
I just read on the Toril forums that your mapper works by having everything pre-mapped, but becomes visible as you explore. That's just awesome. Kudos on having such a complete map available. I'm now even more excited to play around with this.
Thanks!

When I first wrote the mapper script portion, it was much easier to do it that way. I already had a fairly good map at the time in cmud. The mud itself is diku, and doesn't provide room vnum information. Not to mention there's more then a few older areas with non-grid layouts, and loops/teleports/etc.

While the included map is still incomplete, it's likely at 99%+ / has 44959 rooms now. It's also grown much better at keeping in sync with the location on the mud.

Including a predone map myself meant rooms/exits are always in the correct location, and I was able to create my own 'vnum' capability for rooms.