Tabbed Chat [w/ screenshot+package]

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
syrik

Re: Tabbed Chat [w/ screenshot+package]

Post by syrik »

Ok, could someone please tell me how to implement this? I put it into the script box and the ladybug comes up and says there is an error, but I can't find what the error is in the code. The only things I want tabbed are chat and narrate if that helps.

syrik

Post by syrik »

bumped to see if someone could answer this real fast.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

You need to use the "import" button. This is not a simple Lua script but much more. for xml files -> import

syrik

Post by syrik »

ok, did that, and now do I have to make triggers for each channel I want copied?

Denex

Post by Denex »

Maybe im a bit... lost....

But I cant seem to get this to generate or even load. I imported the XML settings via Mudlet, there's two active triggers, but no GUI, nothing out of the norm. Any ideas?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2chu7t3.png

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

From OP:
Basically then, you call chatStartup() in a script, which then creates a window on the righthand side of the screen (dimensions not perfect) with a row of tabs on the top.
The function exists, but you need to manually call it at some point. One way could be to put chatStartup() at the end of your main script file (not recommended as it'll try to call that function on every lua recompile) or make a login trigger of some sort that calls chatStartup(). eg,

Match : 'Your last login was from domain ' - Begin of Line substring,
Code:
chatStartup()
disableTrigger('login')

Denex

Post by Denex »

Done, and for some reason its still not running it, Additionally -- When I import the Daemonic_chat file, I get around (no joke) 7500 triggers created that each do :

hl.highlightPerson(matches[1], 128, 0, 0)

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Download the latest Mudlet release (Mudlet-1.2.0-pre6), create a new profile and import this package: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... rt=0#p4134

This gets you a compass, tabbed chat and a mapper. To make full use of the mapper you need to import an additional mapper script -> link in the same posting.

Have fun.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Denex wrote:Done, and for some reason its still not running it, Additionally -- When I import the Daemonic_chat file, I get around (no joke) 7500 triggers created that each do :

hl.highlightPerson(matches[1], 128, 0, 0)

That looks more likely to have come from an enemy highlighter than any chat script... if you link to the one you are speaking of I can investigate and fix if it needs it, or recommend something perhaps better and more up to date.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

How do I get the windows to show up after importing the tabbedChat.xml file?