Tabbed Chat [w/ screenshot+package]

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Manni

Re: Tabbed Chat [w/ screenshot+package]

Post by Manni »

Elvellien wrote:Tabbed Chat Enhanced: http://forums.achaea.com/index.php?showtopic=42170
A few questions on this script. I've modified it to have an "All" tab, and to have it gag all chat text in the main screen. Is there a way to have it copy the text based on color along with what channel. Also, is there a way gag the prompt update that you get every time someone says something?

Elvellien

Post by Elvellien »

Manni wrote:Is there a way to have it copy the text based on color along with what channel.
Not sure i understand your question... you have mud based wrap and the trigger doesn't copy all the text ? In that case you can replace the pattern based trigger with color based, but you need to have different colors for each channel otherwise, you will get all text in the same tab.
Manni wrote:is there a way gag the prompt update that you get every time someone says something?
1) Create a triger for the prompt with the following content:

disableTrigger("prompt trigger")
selectString(line,1)
deleteLine()

2) Add enableTrigger("prompt trigger") to the text capture trigger.

I haven't tested this, but it should work.

Manni

Post by Manni »

It's copying all the text, but it's copying text that isn't just chat. I don't know how to capture color, but couldn't you just put the color capture on a different pattern line and have the trigger "match all"?

thank you! that trigger worked

Elvellien

Post by Elvellien »

If you want to match both pattern and color, in the trigger leave line 0 with the pattern as regex, or substring or whatever works for you, line1: as color (same way you change betwen regex, substring etc, you can also select color) and select foreground (text color) and background color (which i assume is black). Then activate "multiline / AND Trigger" and set line delta to value 2

But i still don't entirely understand your problem... perhaps make a screenshot ?

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

I just installed the tabbed chat and set it up but for some reason the tabbed chat is cutting off most of the channel and it is wrapping very early in the miniconsole. Any ideas?

Elvellien

Post by Elvellien »

If it's because you do not have server side wrapping set to 0. use Mudlet wraping instead. My guess is that the miniconsole doesn't even wrap, it's just not enough text per line (in main window) to fill a line for the miniconsole.

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

Elvellien wrote:If it's because you do not have server side wrapping set to 0. use Mudlet wraping instead. My guess is that the miniconsole doesn't even wrap, it's just not enough text per line (in main window) to fill a line for the miniconsole.
How do you change the setting? The text comes through an wraps in the mini console but I don't get the complete text after so many characters it stops.

Elvellien

Post by Elvellien »

Depends on your server... for Achaea the command is "config screenwidth 0".
If you cannot find the options, ask for help on your MUD's forum or in-game help.
Let me guess. the text in the miniconsole stops when it reaches the last word from the first line in the main window ? That's the server wrapping issue.

Manni

Post by Manni »

Mine is a modified version of Elvellien's and includes an 'all' tab, with all chat except for says gagged. I also added whisper to the says trigger pattern, so those will now be properly copied. The position of the chat window was moved to align with Vadi's fancy gui, but if you wish to change that, find the Chat script and change global_chatPosX to 0 if you want it in the top left corner.

The one problem I have is that it copies says that are apart of the survival lesson, Maya's say when you die and pray and when you ask a denizen about wares.

it's a minor aesthetic inconvenience, and really the only problem I've encountered so far.

if you have any trigger that captures based on chat text, the tabbed chat must be after those triggers
Attachments
Tabbed Chat.zip
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 594 times