IRE Map Display

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Wyd

IRE Map Display

Post by Wyd »

Hey all,

Attached is a set of scripts that will allow you to use the maps that IRE supplies for its flash client, inside Mudlet. However, there is currently one major drawback - it will only work if you use the newest version of Vadi's system for achaea. This is due to Mudlet currently not passing 'map_display 1' along with its ATCP initalization. When/if this is fixed, then the mapper will work with all the IRE games.

Below is a screenshot of what the mapper looks like when installed:
screenshot.JPG
And here are the scripts:
IRE Map Display.zip
IRE Map Display
(53.37 KiB) Downloaded 544 times

rstarnes1972

Re: IRE Map Display

Post by rstarnes1972 »

I like the map look, but i would really be grateful if you would post a script to make all the chat and talk come up in that seperate window under the map. That would be awsome.

Wyd

Post by Wyd »

rstarnes1972 wrote:I like the map look, but i would really be grateful if you would post a script to make all the chat and talk come up in that seperate window under the map. That would be awsome.
Look for the tabbed chat script which is floating around the forums..there are quite a few versions, so I'm not sure what the latest is, but I know Naftali posted a version that uses the Geyser Window manager a day or two ago

Sachiel

Post by Sachiel »

In the readme, it instructs me to uncomment the line related to my game, Achaea.

What does it mean by "uncomment?" Thank you.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

if a line contains -- then lua ignores every after the -- on the same line, it's not compiled. It's a comment, left there from debugging or to remind yourself why you did something that way, or to help a user configure your package for the right game. In this case, there's likely at least a couple of lines which essentially do the same thing, but for each specific game, so if you remove the -- from the front of that line, it will activate the code relevent to that game.

But I haven't actually looked at the code, this is just to explain what a comment is and how you can find it.

Sachiel

Post by Sachiel »

Thank you! Now, I have zero experience so far, and need help making a few things work... here are the errors:

Lua syntax error:[string "-------------------------------------..."]:8: module 'socket.url' not foud: no field package.preload['socket.url'] no file '.\socket\url.lua' no file 'C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Mudlet\lua\socket\url.lua' no file 'C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Mudlet\lua\socket\url\init.lua'....

It looks like I'm missing files-- how do I get them?

Thanks!

aloc_acoc

Post by aloc_acoc »

Is this possible to make work without Vadi's system?