Autowalker #2

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Vadi

Autowalker #2

Post by Vadi »

This is a setup to use the speedwalk function easier. Import, and it provides two aliases - spt show to see the paths you made and sptw somewhere to walk somewhere. Also sptw somewhere b to walk backwards.

To define paths for it, see the Scripts section, Speedwalk-data. There are two sample paths there, and you define them in the format of spt.somewhere = "<directions here>". somewhere can be only one word (ie, no spaces - it's ok to have multiple words like "spt.pointatob", but not "spt.pointa to b". Two sample paths are provided there, on Lusternia they walk you from the Glomdoring Ravenwood to wherever.

Requires Mudlet 1.1.0+

Enjoy
Attachments
autowalker2.xml
version 1
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 741 times

Ral

Re: Autowalker #2

Post by Ral »

hmm, iocun's speedwalker plus this is really helpful

But could you add a command, eg "spstop" so that one can stop en route to a destination, if they want?

EDIT: also can something be done for swimming?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I don't plan on doing improvements to the script, sorry. Whoever is interested is welcome to.

dritz

Post by dritz »

works great but one issue is noticed is that it reverses everything including the prefix number so that if you have 37w when you use the sptw somwhere b it will go 73e

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I can't see why you'd want to use this trivial script anyways. Use the mapper speedwalking functions instead.

chosig

Post by chosig »

Heiko wrote:I can't see why you'd want to use this trivial script anyways. Use the mapper speedwalking functions instead.
I think this is really handy, escpecially since I don't use the mapper, for me speedwalking is as mandatory as scripting in a modern client.

I love Mudlet, it's a great client, but a lot of things is made more difficult than needed.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

This script is ancient - we do have a better speedwalk() function now that does this for you. Mudlet doesn't make this more difficult; it already includes the speedwalking function.