IRE AB Plus

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
tsuujin

IRE AB Plus

Post by tsuujin »

I got the idea from a post on the Midkemia Online forums, and rewrote it entirely for Mudlet. I tried to make it simple and had the whole thing run from a single trigger, populating data tables the first time through.

Let me know how it can be improved!

Note: I'm toying with the idea of keeping a running tab of lessons required to omni-trans and printing it at the end.

Midkemia version:
AB+.png
Achaea version:
Attachments
achaea-abplus.xml
(5.11 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
mko-abplus.xml
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 462 times

Alexander Divine

Re: IRE AB Plus

Post by Alexander Divine »

Speaking as someone who absolutely loves replacing IRE output with prettier stuff, that looks absolutely fantastic. Totally downloaded.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Cut up your post some - Achaea doesn't say % in ab, so had to fix it for that. Also fixed for having a trans skills, light_slate_grey color, and added phpTable as a script (it's not in LuaGlobal yet). Oh, and added it as a gate so the regex isn't trying to match all lines.

I suspect the next skill rank is broken now though.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Well, as far as the next rank (which does look broken), I'm actually using the percentage displayed in MKO to figure out how many lessons in I am already ( (percent displayed /100) * lessons in rank ), then reducing that amount from the total number of lessons in that skill rank.

Without that displayed percentage, you'd have to keep a table of stored ASK <mob> <skill> information to get that to work properly.

Furthermore: You'd also not get correct information on the "to trans" because it will be disregarding what you've learned in the skill so far.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Oops, i thought i'd included the php:Table script in that xml file. My bad.

naftali

Post by naftali »

In Achaea you can SHOW LESSONS LEFT IN <skill> to show how many lessons you have until you trans the skill. Would be relatively easy to generate a table of skills and info from this command at the beginning of each session and update it each time you learn.

Carid

Post by Carid »

Hey I am relatively new to mudlet and my coding knowledge is VERY limited. So I sort of rely on these sorts of packages to get me through. So I imported this file and it doesnt work when I type AB. Am I suppose to update the script in someway or is it just supposed to work? Forgive my ignorance. Any help would be appreicated.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

You're on MKO, right?

Carid

Post by Carid »

Yes MKO

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

I just did a fresh import of it, and it works fine for me on MKO.

Give me a bit more information. After you import it, can you see it in your system? Do you get any results from "Errors" or can you see anything go wrong in the Debug window when you try to AB?