IRE/lusternia auto-learner

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
demonnic

IRE/lusternia auto-learner

Post by demonnic »

Alright, so I made an auto-learner for mudlet. Right now, I don't think it'll work properly for miniskills... if someone wants to help me out with how those work, and which ones they are (IE, if they work on a different number of lessons to reach a rank/etc) I'll modify the script accordingly.

usage is:

alearn planar bob master 66

This will calculate and go through the motions of learning from wherever you are in Planar to 66% of the way through Master in Planar.

Caveats:

1.) bob has to be a denizen teacher, as I'm using "ask bob about planar" to find out what % you are through your current skill rank in planar
2.) if you do something silly, like try to learn to capable when you're mythical, I will sear your retinas
3.) likewise, if you're 80% through capable, and you try to learn to 33% through capable, I will sear your retinas.
4.) I currently do not do -any- checking to be sure you have enough lessons to learn to the desired skill level.
5.) I have, however, provided the alias "torank" which runs the calculations and tells you how many lessons you will need. Usage is the same as alearn, it just won't do the learning. So you do still have to be in the same room as a denizen teacher to use it.

As always, open to suggestions, and if you find a bug pls let me know so I can fix it.

oh, and here's the pkg:
learner.xml
(15.03 KiB) Downloaded 687 times