Midkemia gauges

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Funkymatic

Midkemia gauges

Post by Funkymatic »

Alrighty i'm trying to put together some super basic health/endurance bars for midkemia. I'm a complete and utter newbie at any kind of scripting language (having come from zmud) and havent got much of a clue how i should be doing this.

I'd be super happy with something along the lines of these bars (obviously modified for the midkemia prompts) http://www.mudlet.org/wp-content/upload ... wnload.png though i havent been able to butcher any of the available gauge packages to come anywhere close to this yet.

I've noticed a couple of different methods in the available packages, being labels and gauges. What is the difference between the two and is one better than the other for this kind of thing?

I'd really appreciate any help you guys can offer. I'm loving what i've been able to do on mudlet so far.

Cheers.

Vadi

Re: Midkemia gauges

Post by Vadi »

Hard to post a long reply from a phone, but try asking Oneymus in mudlet irc id he'd explain how to do that.

Labels are rectangles you can draw anywhere on mudlet screen. You can color them, put images into them or html code. Gauges were created using labels as a convenience for displaying fullness status.