Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia - Beta Release 5.0.1

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Jules

Re: Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia - Beta Release 5.0

Post by Jules »

Mantis Beta Release 5.0 has been... Released! Check out the first post for all the info!

Jules

Post by Jules »

EDIT: I've received reports that the Mantis.xml file was not able to be imported by Mudlet. That's been fixed, removing some XML code at the very top of the file... Why's that in there, anyway? <GenericPackage>, or somesuch?

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

was a 1.1.0 bug, should be fixed with 1.1.1, though the windows version seems to still have that in.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Yes, I forgot to include the package patch in the windows version. Windows people currently have to manually remove the <GenericPackage> line at the beginning of the exported xml file, when they *export* a package. Otherwise other people can't import it. No big deal though. All other OS are not affected.

BrandNew

Post by BrandNew »

This trigger activates the brokenLeg affliction: Luxon has been slain in The Pearl of the Amberle by Starstruck Emeralda, Winter's Blossom.

In fact, the word 'struck' alone suffices.

Looking at the trigger which contains 'struck' though, it should be impossible to fire alone.

Also, I can't seem to find a master reset or pause, and does the system cure off of diagnose at all?

Jules

Post by Jules »

Hey! That Trigger is firing off my protege's death! Hehe, anyhow...

To answer your first problem, I have no idea why this is happening. It's definitely something to do with the RegEx involved, but I'm not sure how to fix that... Any RegEx masters out there?

There isn't a "pause" alias, however by typing INIT, it resets all of the variables and such, which will also remove any affliction from the queue.

And yes, Mantis does cure afflictions based on their diagnose lines, however it's not guaranteed that ALL of them are in there. I'm working on that now, however, it's just a long process.

BrandNew

Post by BrandNew »

The only thing I can imagine is that by having wrapwidth at 90 when the trigger fired (I changed it aftewards) it may have messed the regex up. However, it seems unusual that it would trigger if the line was split up.

So, after changing it 'struck' by itself no longer affects the system, however the deathsight still does.

I couldn't find the diagnose triggers, am I missing them or are they not triggered by the You are: line?

Also, I have changed the line from: ^Your left|right thigh bone is smashed|struck|crushed and shatters under the force of the blow$
to

^Your (left|right) thigh bone is (smashed|struck|crushed) and shatters under the force of the blow.$

I added () around left|right, etc and added a . before $. I saw () eslewhere in the system surrounding similar one-or-the-other words and it seems to me that $ should never go before the ".". Any reason why it currently does?

Jules

Post by Jules »

The ()'s around some RegEx's, but not others is a product of the process for changing/updating the Trigger patterns in Mantis. I currently do not have the diagnose lines in their own separate folder, they're right there with the rest of the affliction lines, though I will go ahead and change that and put them into their own place.

I'm using Treant's collection of affliction lines to update Mantis. By the end, Mantis will have the exact same lines that Treant does, so there won't be any discrepancy. If you, or anyone else, actually, want to you help out with this, simply download the Treant package, open it up, then find the treant_affs.xml file, and find your way through each of the afflictions, and copy the affliction lines that you find in Treant, but not in Mantis. The diagnose lines are in their own separate file, treant_diag.xml, which you can also pour through if you wish.

Any updates that you or others make can be submitted as a clone on the Google Code page.

Jules

Re: Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia - Beta Release 5.0.1

Post by Jules »

Mantis 5.0.1 Beta is up! Check the OP for updates!

slurpz

Re: Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia - Beta Release 5.0.1

Post by slurpz »

I was just browsing through this, but it seems as if "Your client does not have permission to get URL /p/mantis-combat-system/ from this server."