Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia - Beta Release 5.0.1

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Jules

Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia - Beta Release 5.0.1

Post by Jules »

Mantis Beta 5.0.1 is a small fix-up release of Mantis, the free and open-source combat system for Lusternia. Notably, the addition of a Registry script, where all of the system variables are stored and initialized. Also, the Affliction and Diagnose triggers have been updated for both accuracy and speed, taking advantage of Mudlet's trigger-gate paradigm. Trust me, it's wicked fast! And accurate! You'll no longer add brokenRightArm to the queue whenever you apply mending to your arm!

Also, though not truly a feature (yet) is the use of Google Code as the exclusive source code source. With the next major release, Mudlet's scripts will be stored on your hard drive, allowing patches to code to be dispersed much faster. In the mean time, before that is fully integrated into the system, the source code is found online at code.google.com/p/mantis-combat-system/source/browse, for anyone to pour through and comment on, and I urge everyone here to do so, to make sure that the Mantis code is as perfect and efficient as it can be!

If you wish to work on Mantis on your own, you may pull the code from Google Code via Mercurial, which is available for all operating systems, and is very simple to work with!
Last edited by Jules on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 am, edited 6 times in total.

Vadi

Re: Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia

Post by Vadi »

Congrats!

I'll check it out, though I don't play so I'll just comment on the system structure.

One comment for now though - you should setup a project on http://launchpad.net. You can use it for bug tracking, code sharing, answers, etc... mudlet uses it for bugtracking: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The good: multiple patterns for one aff, filter flags.

The bad: substring triggers everywhere. You know if someone sends you a tell with that line in it, it'll match... use exact match where you can or begins with substring, and regex last. Another bad thing is that you... made aliases for each cure and call the alias in the the queue? Wha? Functions will be much better and faster!

Jules

Post by Jules »

The alias' are a temporary thing, I can assure you. I've had those up from the first time that I decided to make a system, back when I had to do a lot of curing by hand. I left those there just for starters, but decided to leave them there because, well, they work! :lol:

One of my goals for BR2 is to replace the alias' with functions.

EDIT: I just updated the Triggers. They're now all "exact match".

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

v2 only has one trigger in it.

Jules

Post by Jules »

Oops! Fix'd!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Almost... exact match literally means exact match. "Your lungs are much too constricted to smoke" won't match, there is a dot missing at the end. "the vibrations constricting your lungs" won't either because there is probably different text before and after it, so "substring" will work for this.

Jules

Post by Jules »

Bah! Now I'll have to go back and look closer... Dang, this is more work than I thought! =P

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh definitely heh. You don't have any anti-illusion at all or defenses yet. Even the curing doesn't check for exclusive cures ;)

Jules

Post by Jules »

Actually, anti-illusion stuff is a goal that I've set myself farther down the line... However I have NO idea how to go about doing that...

And the exclusive curing+defense tracking will be added very soon. I already knew that that was lacking when I released Mantis.

EDIT: I went through and changed/updated everything in the Triggers, so everything that should be an "exact match" is, same with a "substring".
Last edited by Jules on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.