Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia - Beta Release 5.0.1

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
demonnic

Re: Introducing: Mantis for Lusternia

Post by demonnic »

Alright, time to start playing lusternia again.. I'll see what I can't do about learning a thing or two about all this and helping debug/expand/etc. Mantis.

BrandNew

Post by BrandNew »

For illusion protection you have to set some checks before allowing certain afflictions to be flagged as true.

For instance, you can easily keep up with your elevation (whether you're in trees or on the ground) and so you would have a variable to track whether you're in trees or not. If you're not in trees, any sap triggers you have shouldn't set off any of your values. Some illusions are a lot more difficult to check, or at least not nearly as easy to track, but that's the fun of system making, eh?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Well, it's more than that... a line saying you fell from the trees doesn't necessarily mean you actually did.

But that's for later stages ;)

Oh btw, is there an autosipper? :P

Jules

Post by Jules »

Ohh lovely... Okay, it's been added to a Launchpad Blueprint, so it will be released! When I finish it, though, is still up in the air! :lol:

EDIT: Oh! Autosipper's been added to a Blueprint also! That one will DEFINITELY emerge in one of the Beta Releases. Perhaps 2 or 3!

EDIT2: I know for a fact that I will need some help with the illusion control, if anyone wants to contribute to that! Anything will due, simply an example or a list of conditions to check will be amazing!

aloc_acoc

Post by aloc_acoc »

I was actually going to start making a system for Lusternia on Mudlet. If I get some free time, I'll just try helping you with Mantis now, cheers!

Also, with anti-illusion, I believe it's best to start with setting up class specific afflictions. For instance, have afflictions that only a Nihilist can give activate when fighting a Nihilist, and shut off all other affliction checks. Do the same for all classes. That way, for example, when you're fighting a Mage, and he casts a stun illusion that only a Guardian can do, your system won't register it, because it was not something that the Mage could have possibly done to you.

Jules

Post by Jules »

Hmm... That's a really good idea, and one that I actually thought about implementing for Beta.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You can also make buttons in Mudlet to turn classes on/off ;)

If classes in Lusternia share the same skillsets like they do in Achaea, then internally you want to split things up by skillsets, not classes. Keep a counter for each skillset and deactivate when it's zero (ie class A and class B have skillset C, when both are on - count is 2. Deactivate a class, remove one, check if it's zero - if it is, deactivate).

Jules

Post by Jules »

Oooohhhhh!! I get it! Check if the two are of the same Archetype, if they are, set the "battling against X Archetype" to 2, if one goes away, decrement by one. That makes total sense! And, it just so happens, I have a list of triggers that are based off classes in general, so I will be able to use them! SWEET!

Jules

Post by Jules »

Beta Release 2 has been released. Now with an Autosipper!

EDIT: Fixed a bug with the Autosipper. Should be working now.
Last edited by Jules on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUk ... hdXFpfVFFW

made you a short vid on how to make it all be 1 xml