Echo with color.

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Vadi

Re: Echo with color.

Post by Vadi »

Works as expected... thanks! Hope to include it in the next release of Mudlet.

Denarii

Post by Denarii »

I'm working on merging the two functions for the next version of Mudlet so that you'll be able to use hex, decimal or name color tags.

Thylacine

Post by Thylacine »

Can we still optionally have the non-lrexlib dependent version available separately?

Lua already has pattern matching which is pretty similar to regular expressions anyway. That, and lrexlib wont work on my system and probably a couple of others ;)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Good point... I still have yet to package lrexlib for ubuntu. This'll save a lot of work.

Denarii

Post by Denarii »

After some discussion, instead of merging them I'm creating separate functions, cecho for named colors, decho for decimal RGB, etc. I'll probably include versions using Lua's pattern matching that it will fall back on if lrexlib isn't loaded.

hempa

Post by hempa »

Looking at these functions, there's one I am really missing. A colorable prefix. I like to put prefixes before stuff and tend to add colors all over my system :D Is it at all possible to make a prefix and/or replace function for this as well?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It's possible. Prefix is defined in the LuaGlobal as

Code: Select all

-- Echo something before your line
function prefix(what)
    moveCursor("main",0,getLineNumber());
	insertText(what)
end
So we can either wait until denarii puts in the separately-named functions in luaglobal and make it work or overwrite in the client for now.

hempa

Post by hempa »

Oh, I have already seen that one, but not with a simple coloring syntax. Of course, I could hack the cecho functions to do everything backwards, but that's a bit of a roundaway way of doing it :P Can I put in ansi codes directly into echo/prefix text somehow? If so, I can just put it in a Lua table..

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

well, insertText = echo now afaik.

Denarii

Post by Denarii »

Well I can change the color echo functions to be able to prefix.. right now there is an arg to make them use inserttext, but you still have to position the cursor. And my changes won't be available until the next release.