Achaea Fancy GUI 1.0

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Kazuya

Re: Achaea Fancy GUI 0.6

Post by Kazuya »

I just downloaded and imported this promising script today. Right off the bat, I have noticed some things that should probably be looked into. I second statments Sachiel made:
Sachiel wrote: To the people doing the programming,

XP bar doesn't work
Prompt produced by the map should be gagged, NOT the more instant prompt generated by movement
"This room has not been mapped." should either be displayed only once or taken out, because it's a pain if you're trying to see the exits in an unmapped area.
I'd also like to add I've also been having the problem where my status bars are not updating. They always show full. This is because you need to CONFIG PROMPT ALL in order for them to work. It would be nice if this did not need to be the case.

A couple other quirks with the map is that it doesn't update when you use WALK TO <landmark> or SWIM.

Are there fixes out there to remedy these things? Is there a newer version coming out soon? I think the idea/script that is out currently is a step in the right direction, but leaves many things to be debugged/expanded upon.
Last edited by Kazuya on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'm not planning any updates on it personally, if anyone else wants to take over feel free.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Out of curiosity, for your map window in the top right, how are you calling it? I can't find a CONFIG MAPVIEW ON option like the other IRE games have, and calling it once per room move seems like it provides a ton of lag.

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

I use MAP for every room I enter and while it -does- seem to add a small amount of lag, it's much too small to bother me. The lag also almost only applies to the display of the map, and not the other things.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

It'd be nice of the new GMCP redirect information actually worked. I got really excited until I realized that every single line comes up as "main" because the change, while it does come through, flips back to main -before- I receive the lines.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Sorry... not sure what do you mean there.

For GMCP redirection, I'd just make a temp regex .* trigger that gets killed on the redirection stop. Trigger would gag+redirect.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Vadi wrote:Sorry... not sure what do you mean there.

For GMCP redirection, I'd just make a temp regex .* trigger that gets killed on the redirection stop. Trigger would gag+redirect.
This doesn't work, because the start and stop both come at the exact same time, before any of the lines actually get printed to the screen.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That sounds reasonable actually, because I think Heiko added caching recently for triggers - this was to prevent echos in the same line messing up the buffer for other triggers to match. I'll see what I can do when I get time.

Patryz

Post by Patryz »

Hi, got a bit of a problem here. I downloaded the package and put it in a folder (win 7 64) then i imported the xml, and set the right path to the image files. the compass is working fine, put the map isn't, and i can't seem to figure out why. There is correctly an "opening" for the map in the top right corner of the screen but instead of appearing there, the map is pasted in the chat every time i move in the world, which make it impossible to track other messages. I've only installed mudlet today, i like it over nexus but i'm not an expert

Vadi

Re: Achaea Fancy GUI 0.7

Post by Vadi »

0.7 - fixed accidental overwriting of string utilities