Mudlet features and API requests

Alyven

Re: Mudlet API requests

Post by Alyven »

The mapper can set chars to a room with setRoomChar( roomID, char ) but I want to get them.
http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Fun ... etRoomChar

chris

Post by chris »

I just added this to my repo. I don't use it, but it's simple enough to add so why not.

Alyven

Post by Alyven »

Thank you that would be nice :)
but my mudlet map isnt compatible with the mudlet version in your repo.

Skylark

Post by Skylark »

A few things, if possible/desirable. I ran into these limitations trying to code something a while back, if there are workarounds or the suggestions have been implemented already, my bad.

1) Different sizes of text on a MiniConsole.
2) A way to return the position of the mouse when not clicked
3) A way to create windows that accept text input, with a function to be run upon hitting enter. Text would be the arguments.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

1) not going to be possible, since they are similar to the main window, and for speed efficiency, all text sizes are the same

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

would anyone be interested in a "collapse all folders" button?

Rean

Post by Rean »

Hello, I'd just like to put a request in.

A friend of mine would like to convert to mudlet, but she's a houseleader and has been using a chat script for a really long time to avoid being overwhelmed by a lot of clans, tells, ht/ct, etc. However, she doesn't have a wheel on her mouse, so she can't scroll in the one that's available in these forums. Her laptop doesn't take the port for the wheel mouse she has, so she's stuck on mush, sadly.

So what I'd like to request is a scrollbar option on the right side of miniConsole, I think it would help mudlet by making it a little more accessible.

Thanks!
Rean

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

I agree with Rean here. I don't have a mouse wheel on my laptop and I hate trying to get the console to scroll back with my laptop.

Widjet

Post by Widjet »

Any chance of a function that lets us set the contents of the command textbox? I often find myself wanting to work off an existing block of text - editing clothing designs, for example. At the moment, I have to select the text in the main buffer, paste it into the command line, and strip out the newlines before I can edit it.

A function like setCommandText(<string>) would be very useful. Have a getCommandText(<string>) for completeness.

An alternative would be to give us access to the gmcp editor interface: new_text = showEditor(<existing text>)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You already can set the text (printCmdLine and echoCmdLine), and I've coded in ctrl+shift+v which strips out newlines - that didn't make it into test4 but hopefully will make it into the next release.

We are missing a getCmdLine function though, so that's still necessary.