Mudlet features and API requests

Jor'Mox

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by Jor'Mox »

@Vadi: Tested with 3.9.0, and I'm still seeing the Save button not visually enabled when door status is changed.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Could you make a video? I could not make it happen - perhaps it is with a particular door.

The whole dialog is kind of confusing and feels like a pilots dashboard to me, though :(

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Another issue that I found is that while doors in the up and down directions have been added (and presumably also in and out directions), the addDoor function does not work with those directions, so such doors can only be added manually via the exits menu in the mapper.

Edit: Actually, it just works in a way that, to me, is inconsistent. For other directions, you use the short name, but for up, down, etc., you use the full name. So, you cannot add a door in the 'u' direction, you have to add it in the 'up' direction. Whereas you must add the door in the 'n' direction, rather than the 'north' direction.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

That is, IIRC a combination of the messy internal key values used for directions in various parts of the Room data held in different members of the TRoom class (exits/stub-exits/locked-exits/doors/exit-weights/custom-exit-line-coordinate-sets/custom-exit-lines-line-style/custom-exit-line-colours/custom-exit-lines-endingWithArrowheadOrNot) and some wrappers in one of the Mudlet external lua files although looking now I see only some of the latter for locked-exits i.e. lockExits(...) and hasExitLock(...) in the Other.lua file.

I have long-term plans to try and clean that up properly in a manner that would allow non-English speakers to use the exit directions in their own language - which does break the current idea to keep the language used in the Mudlet lua to purely English - but some revision to that may have to be accommodated somehow because a non-English MUD is not (necessarily) going to have English exit directions...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

> if you edit a room's exits via the menu, and change only the door status for an exit, the Save button does not appear to become activated. You can never the less actually still click the button, but visually it looks as if it is disabled. Again, this is more of an irritant than anything, but I can see how it might confuse some people.

Thanks, confirmed the issue - the video helped! I did not have the same idea in mind when I first read it.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Which OS/Version is that - the same things work fine on my system (FreeBSD 11.1 Release (amd64) - with Qt 5.9.4 running a DEBUG version - so no optimisation of code) but that does not represent a large set of user cases. Note that the * dialogue modifier mark is not showing up at the end of the title in the title-bar of the room-exits dialogue either in that video clip - so it is looking like some optimisation might have taken out an update of the dialogue for an odd reason...

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

That is in macOS 10.13.4, running Mudlet 3.9.0.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

dcruze

Post by dcruze »

Hi, I'm using the Windows version.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so your password is never displayed in the terminal window and gets removed from your command history after you press enter. Like what you see in MushClient or CMUD.

Thanks,
-d