Mudlet features and API requests

Omit

Re: Mudlet API requests

Post by Omit »

I found something that I think should be added:(if it's not there somewhere already.)

getMainWindowFontSize()

Ran into this while making my gui..... I need to resize the main window and add/resize my gui elements but without knowing what the main window font size is, I cannot determine how big the main window should be. I can make the assumtion that the user is using the defualt font size but if they are not it could make the gui unusable.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

There is a getMainConsoleWidth() function. I added it to the Mudlet wiki a while ago, but it's not in the regular documentation.

Omit

Post by Omit »

getMainConsoleWidth() (if I understand it correctly) does not do what I want..... goal is to determine how big the main console should be not how wide it currently is. I know that the mud I play formats it's output(sends line breaks for every line), it is no more than 100 chars wide, mudlet seems to wrap text at 100 by defualt. I want to be able to resize the borders (and all my other gui objects) based on how wide the Main Console needs to be to display 100 charecters. Without the font size for the main window, I can't tell for sure how wide it needs to be. (I can make a good guess but if the user changes the font size, I can't tell and text could be hidden by my gui.)

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Hrm... I was getting accurate measurements with main console wrap width set to any value. I use getMainConsoleWidth() to determine border sizes, too. As far as I can tell, it is accurate. Perhaps your needs are slightly different than mine, but if I'm understanding you, getMainConsoleWidth() should go the job.

This is a small demo of what I have going on: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2522. If you'd like, I can give you some of what I have.

Omit

Post by Omit »

hmm... getMainConsoleWidth() does give me the result I want.... I never would have thought it would based on the documentation.

Thank you.

Akimoto

Post by Akimoto »

64 bit support so it doesn't have input lag, I have noticed this on the newer versions that the input lag seems to just get worse and the fact that it is eating upwards of 50% of my processor... skyrim wow or assassin's creed do not even get close to this ...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Um... 64bit has nothing to do with input lag, and neither was there introduced any! Are you sure it's just your network connection that's not worse?

chris

Post by chris »

Could you elaborate on input lag? It seems like you are referring to a possible memory leak as opposed to a network lag.

Akimoto

Post by Akimoto »

there are a few of us that play aetolia and have updated to the newest mudlet. I have used my 32 bit computer and have no problems, but when I switch to my 64 bit computer I will get bogged down. Basically I will type in a command and it will take mudlet 10-20 seconds to send it to the server, mudlet will even bog down so much I cant even write new triggers because it is using too much of my processor, it may be a memory leak, is there anyway to fix that because this is ridiculous

#edit: I know for a fact it is not network lag, I was using business class t3 network connection.....

chris

Post by chris »

I run on 64 bit ubuntu ocelot without any issues. What machine type do you use? Does a minimal package still do this?