Mudlet features and API requests

Omni

Re: Mudlet API requests

Post by Omni »

The ability to narrow down searches. If you want to just search through scripts, and not triggers/aliases/keybindings/etc. Also being able to clear a search.

Yetzederixx

Post by Yetzederixx »

Can we get a way to test if something is enabled?

isEnabled("trigger/timer/etc", "trigger/group name")

Also, how about adding a disconnect, reconnect, startup, and shutdown events?

Omni

Post by Omni »

Yetzederixx wrote:Can we get a way to test if something is enabled?

isEnabled("trigger/timer/etc", "trigger/group name")

Also, how about adding a disconnect, reconnect, startup, and shutdown events?
Believe there's already a disconnect and reconnect event. And the isActive() function tells you if something is enabled. Though I believe it returns how many of the kind with the name are active, but if you only have one with that name it shouldn't be a problem.

Yetzederixx

Post by Yetzederixx »

Thanks, I've looked for that three times at least and missed it somehow.

Take note that it will return 0 and not false if nothing's found.

Yetzederixx

Post by Yetzederixx »

How about a right click option(s): send selected to mud, send all to mud in the notepad?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Why?

(I'd like to keep the menu minimal, myself)

Yetzederixx

Post by Yetzederixx »

You can copy and paste into the main window easy enough I suppose, but I like to prepare notes, restrings, etc in the notepad and I find it a pain to cut and paste.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

'send to notepad' might not work for everyone, unless we always append the text at the end and hope it'll be alright for everyone.

Not sure, I think unless more people would like this, it's best to leave as-is.

Caled

Post by Caled »

I'd still really like selections in the main window to be automatically copied to the clipboard, ala zMud/CMUD.

Select, right click, choose copy - it is still a tedious process, at least on a laptop.

Also a feature of CMUD/zMud is clicking -just= to the left of a line in the main window, automatically selects the whole line (mud-line, not mudlet-wrapped part of the line). Double clicking a word selects that word.

And all of this copies to the clipboard by default as soon as it is done. Creating triggers becomes that much quicker. If I'm going through a log of a fight, and see a trigger line I've missed, I click once on the left of the line (or triple-click anywhere in the line), then go straight to the script editor and paste in the pattern.

-----------------------------------------------------

Another nice general usability feature from zmud is the preferences option that lets you select the minimum command length a command must be to be saved to the command history. This is 3 by default - so entering any two-letter command doesn't get saved to the command line.

The significance of this is, for example, when shopping in the mud. n, ne, s. "wares chainmail". "Wares chainmail" stays in the command history as the last command sent, while I move around with 1-2 letter directional commands, so that when I reach each shop all I have to do is press 'up-arrow, enter' to have 'wares chainmail' sent to the mud.

Caled

Post by Caled »

For the notepad, and the script editor for that matter, a 'stay on top' toggle button up near the minimise, restore and close buttons would be really nice at times. Also (maybe more than the other two, it would be nice to have this feature on the debug window.

The debug window can be really spammy, and often when tracking down a bug I want to watch it as I run an alias or feed a trigger line. As soon as I touch the main window it loses focus and I can't see it, then I have to search back through several pages of debug spam to find where the problem is.

I can resize the main mudlet window to be less than full screen, but when debugging my GUI this is counter productive. And unfortunately, mudlet being so shit-hot at GUI stuff :D, almost everything I do these days is linked to something graphical.

If I can watch it as the same time, then it gets very quick and easy to find the exact point of error.