Mudlet features and API requests

Orlendr

Re: Mudlet API requests

Post by Orlendr »

Could you guys add something like in the new Achaea website Client where you have this thing with tabs that allows you to check QW, Inventory, Map, Shop Inventory, Room Inventory, things like that? If you dont know what I'm talking about then please go check it out! It's great!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It's certainly feasible to code in Mudlet, should anyone wish to add it in.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I would like a function for saveProfile(). It would be most appreciated. As well, events when triggers/aliases/such have been created, delete, and/or modified.
Last edited by Phoenix on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

A function to open the IRC window would be useful - since IRC supports PMs, it's useful for more than just Mudlet help.

As well as an event when IRC is connected to.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Orlendr wrote:Could you guys add something like in the new Achaea website Client where you have this thing with tabs that allows you to check QW, Inventory, Map, Shop Inventory, Room Inventory, things like that? If you dont know what I'm talking about then please go check it out! It's great!
That would be a coding thing, which, as Vadi said, would currently be quite feasible to code. The beauty of Mudlet is that for most anything you want to do, there is a way to do it for yourself... However, it comes very bare-bones, so that you don't have the crap you don't want. Everyone makes their own special, customized setup.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Vadi wrote:A function to open the IRC window would be useful - since IRC supports PMs, it's useful for more than just Mudlet help.

As well as an event when IRC is connected to.
Kikon wrote a mudbot module that displays irc in the main window, looking a bit like just another in game channel.

I never liked it myself - the mish-mash of IC and OOC makes is way too easy to metagame without realising it - but maybe it could be a good feature? I can certainly scenarios such as in muds that don't have a coded-in party chat, people might use irc to make their own.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

They already did. This just saves the trouble of manually opening the irc. :D

edit: sorry, wrote this on my phone so it was a bit short.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Having area user data, similar to room user data, would be a useful feature - to keep tabs on certain factors per-area.

kkerwin1

Post by kkerwin1 »

Per this thread, it would be nice to have a Lua API for the Mudlet Composer window, that would allow us to bring up the window from within a script, input text into the window, and have that text saved into either a variable or a database.

I am personally wanting this feature for a ritualism system that I am writing for Achaea.

Xarikins

Post by Xarikins »

It would be nice to have a saveProfile() function that would operate in the same way as clicking the save profile button. This would let me make a timer that would back up my profile every ten minutes or so, so that I don't lose hours of work when I forget to click the button and mudlet crashes.