Mudlet features and API requests

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by SlySven »

It is something I want to sort out - and I think I know how to do it - we just have to allow the Mud Server to negotiate for them to use Telnet Suboption 1 i.e. ECHO and forcibly disable the effect of the "show the text you sent" option on the "input line" tab of the "Profiles preferences" dialogue being checked when they have it active - because when they are echoing the text we send to them we would not want to also show it ourselves and double up the information. This is how Telnet suppresses the echoing of such sensitive data and is fairly well respected (except the Windows XP and older Telnet code which was thoroughly broken in that aspect IIRC).

visionok

Post by visionok »

The last post in here has been quite a while ago, but since this is pinned, it's still revelant right?

Anyway some feature requests:
  • A config option to toggle case-(in)sensitive search, in both the command line history search and the main window scrollback buffer search. Right now both are case-sensitive, for me, it would be better for them to be non case-sensitive.
  • An undo function for the tree list in the editor. Right now when you delete items or groups there is no way to undelete them. And it is all too easy to accidently delete items, eg you click on an item in the tree list, and forget to click in the editor part then start typing and deleting code and boom, your item is deleted :cry:
  • IIRC Zmud had a feature where you can specify a list of words for tab completion when entering a command. It would be great if mudlet could implement a similar feature.
  • When doing tab completion it seems that mudlet doesn't search the whole of the scrollback buffer. It would be great it can search the entire (or more of the) buffer for matches.
Thanks.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hi!

Yes, it's still relevant.

1) We'll consider this - would like to know if more people find this useful.

2) Agree, highly desired.

3) Possible as of the latest update to Mudlet: https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Fu ... Suggestion

4) We'll consider it.

Thanks for the feedback!

visionok

Post by visionok »

Vadi wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:15 pm
3) Possible as of the latest update to Mudlet: https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Fu ... Suggestion
Great stuff, it's good to see that the documentation is kept up to date.

I tried this, when a connection is made, I call a function that adds a bunch of entries using addCmdLineSuggestion(). It works for a while, but it seems that the entries are cleared periodically, and I have to keep calling my function to re-add the entries.

[edit]
Actually I don't think it is working. The function that I use to call addCmdLineSuggestion() prints out each entry as it is added. So mudlet was actually using that print out to perform the completion, and when the print out has scrolled past a certain point the completion stops working. I confirmed this by changing my function to not print out the entries, and tab completion does not use any of the entries I had added.

Update 22-03-2021
I figured out what the problem was with the command line suggestions. All my suggestions were of the form xx.yyyyyy, apparently mudlet doesn't like the period (.) in the suggestions. I removed the prefix of xx. leaving just the yyyyyy and now it works properly :)
Last edited by visionok on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yep - we take documentation seriously as that's a great way for players to learn about the client. It's mentioned in release notes https://www.mudlet.org/2021/03/4-11-smoother-mapper/ as well.

Ideally the suggestions stay for the duration of the whole run - that's something we'll improve on.

silentserenities

Post by silentserenities »

I hope this is the right thread for suggestions to include in Mudlet:

Would like to see an additional feature to the logger in which Mudlet captures the previous 20-30 lines before the pressing of the logger button. The reason for this being that people often click on the logger in reaction to something happening in game, but the logger does not capture that initial instance. It has to be copied and pasted in addendum.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yep, great idea indeed!

mcgiwer
Discord: mcgiwer#5324

Post by mcgiwer »

I would like to request following features (some may be cosmetic fix):
  • General
    1. add possibility to have better control over the history (for example, how many lines are shown)
    2. make that the system messages are displayed in a separate window
    3. fix the bug that scrolling up the history split horozintally the window
  • Mapper
    1. the map shouls become generated dynamically from the existing zones
    2. improve the easyness of edition. For now it's quite difficult
Mcgiwer

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

General

a. You can change how many lines are shown in the buffer (and how many are deleted at once) using setConsoleBufferSize https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Fu ... BufferSize

b .Which system messages? The only system messages we print to the main window are things we feel are important enough to bring attention to, with the exception of if you turn on "Echo Lua errors to the main console" , and if you have the debug window on then extra information will be printed to the main window. I'm curious which system messages you're seeing in the main window apart from startup really?

c. Scrolling up intentionally splits the window, this is not a bug. It is so you can see the new incoming text from the game while you're browsing back.

Mapper

a. The generic mapper, with some configuration, will work for most games. But because it tries to be usable for as many games as possible, it will never be as tightly integrated as something made for a specific game. Try "map basics" and going from there. If you need more help, the #help channel on our Discord has several folks who help out setting up the mapper

b. see the last bit of a. We agree it can and should be better, and it's on our radar, but for now we'd be happy to help you get it set up for your situation.

Darkfire

Post by Darkfire »

Anti-Spam

Prevents the same command being sent too many times in a row (Triggering DIKU ***PUT A LID ON IT! for example)

Config allows setting number of times to allow command before sending in a configurable auto inserted command (look maybe)
Config allows for setting a max command length and commands shorter than the set length are ignored