Mudlet features and API requests

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by phasma »

Yeah. That's a very fair comment and I can see why you would state such. I was simply thinking of situations that will undoubtedly arise over the coming months where we add functionality into our systems where such is only available in 3.0 and the user either cannot or will not update their client.

Either way, I'll continue with my workarounds. Thanks for the feedback.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, that's exactly I deal with it - if this function is available, use it and this code path, if not, use the fallback.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

The tricky part is when an existing function is updated between versions. The gauges and the new (working) database code come to mind here. Existence testing won't work, since they are in both versions, making it difficult to tell what you are working with and what to expect.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

A getMudletVersion({|"major"|"minor"|"revision"|"build"|"string"|"table"}) command IS in the current development code (I put it there) and FYI getMudletVersion("build") should return a lua nil result on the "release" version.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah it is. I've used pcall in some places to detect which can work.

Updates release post to mention the function.

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

In Mudlet settings, i can change background color, text color, etc. This works somewhat okay and I will probably file some bug reports soon, but is there any way for me to do this for the users via scripts? or does everybody need to do it for each of their profiles themselves?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You can't no.

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Three main requests. One I've said before, a function to move a miniconsole, label, or other such element on top of all others. Being able to directly adjust Z-position would be a bonus, but an unlikely one. The other would be keyUsed("ctrl+f1") or something similar, and would let you check if a keybind was currently in use and return true or false. For bonus points, it could have a second return of a table containing the names of all keybinds currently using that key combination, or something of that nature. Finally, one I didn't realize doesn't exist until just now, tempKey(). Other than deciding on how to interpret the key combination choice string, I'm not certain why this isn't already included.

tarkenton

Post by tarkenton »

Would be nice to be able to delete the profiles that come pre-loaded in Mudlet. Doing the standard remove profile doesn't do anything.

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

tarkenton wrote:Would be nice to be able to delete the profiles that come pre-loaded in Mudlet. Doing the standard remove profile doesn't do anything.
completely agreed, that is annoying.