Mudlet features and API requests

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by Belgarath »

It would be nice to have an Undo button in the script editor, for when mistakes are made... Example is if you are working on a script and you go up to click save, but accidentally in your eagerness to do so hit the delete button! All that progress lost on that script... if only it could come back with one simple click.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

Just use a text editor when editing scripts.

Crisis averted!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

morgoth wrote:It would be nice to have an Undo button in the script editor, for when mistakes are made... Example is if you are working on a script and you go up to click save, but accidentally in your eagerness to do so hit the delete button! All that progress lost on that script... if only it could come back with one simple click.
I certainly agree, but making that simple click functionality work is a fairly big effort to make happen.

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

log splitting - It would be nice if there was an option to allow the log files to split on a daily basis (or each time it connects)

As it is currently its a pain to search logs if the application is left open

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

It would be really handy if there were a version of the replace function that could accept color codes, in the same way that cecho and cinsertText do.

Tagon

Post by Tagon »

Two requests (on the proviso that I may be blind and they may exist)

1) A way to clear the errors window when editing scripts. I find it hard to spot new/recurring errors off the timestamp to the option to clear it and see any new errors would be great.

2) When deleting a room on the mapper, turn all exits (not exit stubs) into exit stubs from the linked room. So if room 1 and room 2 and joined and I delete room 2, I'd want to keep the stub from room 1, pointing at where room 2 was. I'm fairly confident I can write a function to do this but I personally feel this is a more suitable default action (perhaps 2 options, "delete room" and "delete room and exits").

I hope those are reasonable! :)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

My script doesn't use exit stubs - for me, deleting a room and creating exit stubs would not be useful and just create extra work.

Tagon

Post by Tagon »

Would an alternative delete option in the right-click menu be possible, or a preference setting somewhere, or is it just a blanket dumb idea?

Tagon

Post by Tagon »

Couple of other thoughts:

Also the ability to select a group of rooms in the visual mapper then use the list of selected rooms as a lua table would be very useful (for mass-setting env variables and I could run a stub-retaining delete function on them). Whether this is activated lua-side with something like table = getSelectedRooms() or a right click option to a default names table, I'm not fussy.

Also, any chance that searchRoom() could accept regexp? I have a need to select an exact room name, nothing before or after, and currently this means searching and then comparing each result to see if it matches exactly.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Tagon wrote: Also the ability to select a group of rooms in the visual mapper then use the list of selected rooms as a lua table would be very useful (for mass-setting env variables and I could run a stub-retaining delete function on them). Whether this is activated lua-side with something like table = getSelectedRooms() or a right click option to a default names table, I'm not fussy.
This is already available: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 940#p18940
Tagon wrote: Also, any chance that searchRoom() could accept regexp? I have a need to select an exact room name, nothing before or after, and currently this means searching and then comparing each result to see if it matches exactly.
Hmm, sure.