Mudlet features and API requests

Curudan

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by Curudan »

fetaera wrote:As for the init issues, that's totally avoidable via your own scripting.
Care to explain? I can't think of any way at present to automatically delay the "addMapEvent" scripts until after I manually open the mapper window.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think we've had map open events somewhere - I'm not sure if they're available in the current release. I'll check.

I don't think a function to open the mapper in a userwindow versus a miniconsole would bring performance implications, though. At least I don't see a reason why. It's a valid idea for multi-monitor setups.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

Yeah, I was thinking more on the lines of miniconsoles being so fast, that using anything else would be a hit on the performance, however little. Easy enough to find out, though.

Map open events? Can't say I noticed those yet. Interesting.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Ah. That's a bit different, the in-mudlet mapper widget doesn't actually use a miniconsole. It'd be the same as within Mudlet as it is outside (you could check with the 'render time' on the info box).

Check if mapOpenEvent is raised when you open the mapper. I have missed that and didn't document it on the wiki yet - if it works, it'll be documented.

Curudan

Post by Curudan »

Vadi wrote:Check if mapOpenEvent is raised when you open the mapper. I have missed that and didn't document it on the wiki yet - if it works, it'll be documented.
Wow, yeah. mapOpenEvent works wonderfully. I registered the function for the event, restarted Mudlet, and all of the mapEvents were there and working good.

I still have to manually open the map when I start playing, but this is a lot easier to set up now. Thanks a ton for your help!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Great, thanks for getting back on this. I've added it to the events list in documentation.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

An option to connect to a mud profile offline. There is an option for this on CMUD and though it isn't really needed at all, it IS a convenience for when you just want to load a profile and work on settings, without connecting to the server at all.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Or equally if one wishes to do major work on a map - not a good idea to be moving/changing things around whilst connected and someone finds you and stabs you in the back.

One work around is to (temporarily) change the hostname/IP for the profile to localhost/127.0.0.1 - then mudlet will attempt to connect to a mud server running on your machine - which is not likely to be the case unless you ARE a MUD sysop! Although the connection will not be made you still have access to your profile/map which you can save, then restart mudlet and edit the profile details back to connect again.

Note that (unless you ARE a MUD server developer) you do not want mudlet to actually connect to a service on your machine so you could theoretically need to change the port if it matches that of a service on your own machine but that is not likely to occur to become an issue.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I press connect and then Alt+D to disconnect right away.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Can we get a setLabelRightClickCallback function, so we can have labels do something when you right click them?