Mudlet features and API requests

Vadi

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by Vadi »

Is it coming up in matches[1] perhaps? I don't remember.

I've just used regexes for matching unprintable characters though, didn't know substrings could do them as well.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

A function to SAVE PROFILE so data cannot be lost unexpectedly via computer crashes or other means. Useful functionality for it would be to have a timer that executes that function every five to ten minutes.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

Bit silly having a workaround. I think it'd be more prudent to actually fix the underlying issue.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Fix the underlying issue of potentially, say, a sudden power outage? Or a kid unplugging your computer? I think it's reasonable to plan for the unexpected.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Vadi wrote:Fix the underlying issue of potentially, say, a sudden power outage? Or a kid unplugging your computer? I think it's reasonable to plan for the unexpected.
Or a wetware failure in the bit of the system between the keyboard and the display...! :lol:

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Vadi wrote:Is it coming up in matches[1] perhaps? I don't remember.

I've just used regexes for matching unprintable characters though, didn't know substrings could do them as well.
matches[1] seems to be getting set to an empty string, so it's not working for a selectString(). Which makes me worry that if I can match it in a regex it will display similar behaviour. Especially as a normal substring match does populate matches[1] with what was matched. And if I try to paste the unprintable character into a regex trigger the regex refuses to compile.

I suppose I'll just step through the hex codes until I find one that matches when I get more time, but it would be nice if there were an easier way to deal with this, even if it was just an option in preferences to not print anything for unprintable characters.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Does this script which matches on a tab, \t, help?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The current git version automaticallly strips all ASCII 0 chars and handles tab caracters.

Curudan

Post by Curudan »

Could we have a function to open the mapper in a separate window? As far as I know the only way to open the mapper by function currently is to open it in a miniconsole. I intend to fullscreen the mapper on a separate monitor, and launching manually every time is growing tiresome.

Additionally, because the mapper isn't open when the lua scripts initialize on startup, all of the "addMapEvent"s I've set up will not initially register with the mapper; I have to manually launch them, either with an alias or by selecting and deselecting the script. Some kind of sysMapperLoadEvent event would be nice for those, so I could have them run once the mapper starts.

I've had a lot of fun scripting and playing with Mudlet so far. Thanks for reading my suggestion.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

Yeah, that first request would be great but I suspect there'll be some performance issues associated with doing this, hence why it uses a miniconsole at present.

As for the init issues, that's totally avoidable via your own scripting.