Mudlet features and API requests

chris

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by chris »

You can already do mouse hover with the setOnEnter, setOnLeave callbacks

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think setLabelOnEnter still needs to be merged (so extracted into an applicable patch...) into main sf. It's not in an available release yet.

libgit2 would constitute as "bloat" if built-in, it would not be applicable to the majority of users. Feel free to extend Mudlet script-side to support the special needs there.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Per this thread, I would like to see the fg() and bg() improved to where they display the 'incorrect color' that was used that caused them to error. The method I came up with in the thread seems to have no downsides (correct me if I'm wrong), since it does not concatenate anything on a successful implementation of fg().

Knowing that fg() and bg() are causing an error is not very useful in and of itself, unless you can pinpoint which wrong color was used, and search for that.

kard

Post by kard »

Could the windows shortcut to open Mudlet be removed? It is highly tiring to have to find the shortcuts and remove the shortcut every time I reinstall or there is an update.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Phoenix wrote:Per this thread, I would like to see the fg() and bg() improved to where they display the 'incorrect color' that was used that caused them to error. The method I came up with in the thread seems to have no downsides (correct me if I'm wrong), since it does not concatenate anything on a successful implementation of fg().

Knowing that fg() and bg() are causing an error is not very useful in and of itself, unless you can pinpoint which wrong color was used, and search for that.
This'll be in the next update.

kaeus

Post by kaeus »

Would be great to have an alternative way to save packages/modules instead of one giant XML. If I could have a real folder hierarchy on my file system, it would possibly help when trying to collaborate on a big project and using version control. Not much fun to try and use version control on one xml file.

It would be a perfect feature to go with the new auto-sync of modules! I'd just save my profile then I can add and commit changes, or pull changes before I start mudlet to get the latest set of scripts/triggers/alias/etc.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

To be honest I'm not sure how good will that be. They're still XML files, not very clear stuff.

I haven't had problems versioning them as single files (per module), since the saves are consistent, diffs are clear enough as it is to do any custom merging work or commit review. I don't think the amount of effort necessary to make this hierarchical save to happen (and it will be a lot) will be worth it in the end and used by many.

Modules are great exactly for that reason already with the use case you described.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I also don't see that working out so great - How would the order of the scripts that you saved be saved, if each sub-folder is it's own real 'folder'? Number them? And you know if the order isn't saved... well, that'd be a mess.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You do raise a good point with that.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Also, people would like a function to check the state of modifier keys (to allow ctrl+drag for example).