Vadi

Re: Mudlet API requests

Post by Vadi »

What does N: and S: say?

Akimoto

Post by Akimoto »

.223 and .17 and AMD phenom II X2 3.5 4 gigs ram 64 bit win 7

#edit: if one of you wish to take a look at my code, I would be willing to show you if you think you can figure out what is going on with it

chris

Post by chris »

Without your code running do you have these issues

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I build and test Mudlet on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine and have no such issues. Your problems are most likely related to some errors in your alias scripts or some recursive aliases of yours. Can you reproduce your issue on an empty profile?

Akimoto

Post by Akimoto »

IGNORE ORIGINAL POST >.>

ok i see the issue but I cannot figure out how to purge them, I have Timer 1451 - Timer 1538 in script.... but they are not actually there, is there any way to purge these?

edit ok i see exactly what is going on, tempTimer is creating duplicates that purge themselves, is there a better script to use that will not do this?
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
function refreshUI()
	if ksys.ui.timer then killTimer(ksys.ui.timer) end

ksys.ui.timer = tempTimer(0.8, [[refreshUI()]])

for _,f in pairs(ksys.ui.functions) do
		f()
	end
end

refreshUI()

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'm sorry, but thread is not the place for script assistance...

Thandril

Post by Thandril »

Here are some requests for the mapper API:

o Utility function to search labels for text
o Ability to add special exits to cardinal points on the map (so that lines are drawn in the appropriate direction)

Nice to have:
o Ability to set line style for the exit lines

Thanks!

chris

Post by chris »

You can already create custom exit lines. For the ability to add special exits to cardinal points, do you mean assign 'east' to a command such as 'enter' for a given room? Or to just have some directional mapping available for a special exit?

Thandril

Post by Thandril »

Either solution would be acceptable, I think. Given how directions are returned for auto-walk it's easy enough to insert the proper command for a move.

I didn't see a command that set the exit lines, I'll look again. Is it possible to have one-way exits rendered with an arrow tip?

Lastly, one thing I really liked about zMapper was that the exit stubs (which I know you're implementing) would give visual indication of the direction of travel. On the mapper in mudlet if you move a room the exit may appear to move to a different point (e.g.: northeast exit appears to come from the north of the room if you move it right some). Would it be possible to have exit stubs be the point where lines are drawn from when connecting rooms?

chris

Post by chris »

I'm going to look into the arrow glyph. For the exit stubs, they are implemented but I'll need to drag a room around to try and get an idea about what you mean about the exit stub moving.