potential bug or intended: "activate" option in script edito

Caled

potential bug or intended: "activate" option in script edito

Post by Caled »

Am I supposed to be able to de-activate non-trigger script objects? They are all created as 'activated' by default, though upon saving these objects (keys, actions, aliases, scripts etc) for the first time, the little tip shows up explaining that it is saved and I may now activate it by clicking 'activate'.

If I do click 'activate', the object appears to be deactivated (the tick disappears) but as soon as I click any other object, the tick reappears.

It has been like this for a while, but I assumed it was meant to be like that (excepting the tip upon saving). It could be handy at times (during system building, and bug-finding) to be able to deactivate script objects in this way (event handler scripts in particular) but that's only a minor thing. I'm not sure whether the bug is in the tip appearing, or in the objects not deactivating.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: potential bug or intended: "activate" option in script edito

Post by Heiko »

The activate icon on scripts basically means that this script is not going to get compiled the next time you start Mudlet. It'll be used in later versions when the package management is in to activate certain packages.