Aetolia mapper does not display rooms

Slayd

Aetolia mapper does not display rooms

Post by Slayd »

I've identified the fact, in other posts, that I can't get an initial map started with Achaea. I've had to create a 'map' directory in the appropriate profile, then copy a map.dat from another Achaea profile to get a map =OR= turn on crowdmap, which works fine.

There seems to be a problem converting the master xml map held/updated by the mud to a .dat file. It doesn't work for me on OSX/Windows/2.1/3.0.0-delta.

It doesn't work with Aetolia, which is no surprise. There is no crowdmap option for Aetolia. So I tried to seed with an existing map.dat.

When I open the mapper window, I do not see a map. I have Info selected and can see that the mapper is tracking my movements correctly, but no rooms are displayed.

1. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. Is there anyone, who is/has played Aetolia and sees a workable map, that would be willing to post their latest map.dat file (found in $HOME/.config/mudlet/profiles/<your Aetolia profile>/map/<timestamp>map.dat?

3. I've sent a bug to Aechae, haven't yet for Aetolia, but I doubt the problem lies there.

4. Would someone send the routine that changes a downloaded .xml file to a map.dat file? Or point to the code where it is done?

Thanks

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Aetolia mapper does not display rooms

Post by SlySven »

1. There is some bugs in the current code I believe - the "rooms" were being stored but not put into the correct "area" IIRC.

4. There is not such a routine out in the wild - but - if you have a 3.0.0-delta - I think you may make some progress if you, as a user, make a dummy area and then write a script that gets and iterates through the rooms that you get in a table with a call to getRooms(), examine each room in turn and store it's area (using getRoomArea(...)), move that room to the dummy area ( setRoomArea(...) ) and then move it back to the right area with another call to setRoomArea(...). That should rebuild the area information and then get the rooms redrawn.

This is assuming the file was read correctly and that getRooms() produces the rooms even if they are not drawn in the mapper.

There is not (yet) a way to read in an .xml file manually (it only happens auto-magically when the file is downloaded from those 5 IRE MUD Servers) - I have some prototype code put on the back-boiler that allowed a manual load of a local XML file but it is not yet production ready and utilises a feature (map and area userdata structures - to store otherwise unhandled data) that is in testing...

Slayd

Re: Aetolia mapper does not display rooms

Post by Slayd »

Thank you for your reply. As it is, I came up with a workable map.dat file for Aetolia when I installed a curing system called Project Source. It downloaded a map file from somewhere and installed it.

With that file, I get the map displayed and tracking. When I move that .dat file into my first Aetolia profile, the rooms were displayed correctly also. Project Source has its own mapper which may or may not be the current mudlet-mapper. As with the non Project Source profile, I cannot update the map in Aetolia.

Thanks again for your input