Mudlet 3.0.0-gamma (preview #3)

Vadi

Mudlet 3.0.0-gamma (preview #3)

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet 3.0.0-gamma is here! This is a gamma release - the third preview of what Mudlet 3.0 will look like. In this release we focused on fixing the serious script content loss issue that was present in the beta.

[/size]

[/size]

Please provide all feedback and problem reports on 3.0.0-gamma here! Feature requests can be done in our dedicated thread.

Nemutaur

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-gamma (preview #3)

Post by Nemutaur »

Getting a 403 error when trying to download the Mac version of 3.0.0-dmg
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wp-content/files/Mudlet-3.0.0-gamma.dmg on this server.
Really looking forward to it with the resizing issue fixed

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The resizing issue on profile load only on Macs isn't fixed yet.

Strange, all other installers work fine. This'll need to wait a bit until I can get back home to fix the download.

Nemutaur

Post by Nemutaur »

Oh...i misunderstood and thought the Outstanding issues were fixed since it looked like so few outstanding issues. Well good job on keeping so few oustanding issues! I guess I'll try it out to see if I can find a glaring bug but won't use it over 2.1

dicene

Post by dicene »

Downloaded and installed the Gamma and tested with arrow key navigation through settings trees and that's working fine now. No more blanking of scripts. I tested something else and I'm still seeing an issue with the search feature in the aliases/triggers/scripts/etc editor and another bug causing a CTD.

To consistently reproduce the search bug: navigate to a script, enter something in the search box that you know will find hits in a different category(variables, aliases, etc), then just click on the variable/alias/trigger/etc and the script value of the old script you had selected will be replaced by the contents of whatever it is that you clicked on in the search results box. This appears to be 100% reproducible on my end, occurring every single attempt. At some point when testing this, I also managed to get the old, replaced script code to come back and replace a trigger or something else. Seemed like strange behavior.

I also notice a bug still present where Mudlet just instantly CTD's when you double click on the timestamp portion of the main window. It happens very consistently for me, but not 100% of the time. It might be related to how far over to either side of the center you click, not sure. I'm assuming it's a similar issue to this previous bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/1329948

tibitha

Post by tibitha »

Just actually came here to mention the "double clicking a timestamp crashes mudlet" problem. (This is in Beta, haven't tested it in Gamma). It seems 100% reproducible, though luckily I don't have timestamps on that often.

Thank you for looking at the script wiping issue! The constant error caused by GMCP also seems to have disappeared.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thanks guys :)

Also Mac installer download fixed.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, running on my Mac (OS X Yosemite, 10.10.1), I noticed two distinct issues with the Gamma version that I don't see in 2.1. The first is that some graphic objects disappear when Mudlet loses focus, and aren't made visible again until they are interacted with (likely until they are redrawn). This includes the scroll bar, mini consoles, and the various buttons along the bottom of the window next to the command line. Labels appear unaffected. This disappearing is only 100% reproducible when the relevant portion of the Mudlet window is covered by another window, but seems to also occur sometimes when the objects are only partially covered.

The second issue is actually an issue that occurs due to a script I have running that creates a combat summary, and outputs the results using a combination of a few Mudlet functions (insertText, cinsertText, wrapLine, moveCursor, selectCurrentLine, and replace) to overcome the strange behavior that occurred when a new line was created. The function I created to insert a new line follows:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
local function insertNewLine()
	local curNum = getLineNumber()
	insertText("\n")
	wrapLine(curNum)
	moveCursor(0,curNum+1)
	selectCurrentLine()
	replace("")
end
This function would be called, and then followed by a cinsertText function call to put in the new line of text I wanted to display.

Here is what the results look like in 2.1 vs 3.0 gamma, I put them in Lua blocks so you could see the leading spaces:
Your pierce *** DEMOLISHES *** a young vagabond boy (58.5) 
Your pierce *** DEVASTATES *** a young vagabond boy (68) 

A young vagabond boy's slash misses You (0) 
Your pierce does GHASTLY things to A young vagabond boy (185) H
A young vagabond boy has some big nasty wounds and scratches. [30-49%]

(Sanctuary)(Flying)(Pass Door)(Haste)
<1576/1557hp 890/988m 406/406mv> (NS)

A young vagabond boy misses You (0) 
Your pierce *** DEMOLISHES *** A young vagabond boy (58.5) H
A young vagabond boy has some big nasty wounds and scratches. [30-49%]

(Sanctuary)(Flying)(Pass Door)(Haste)
<1581/1557hp 890/988m 406/406mv> (NS)
Your pierce *** DEVASTATES *** a young vagabond boy (68) 

Your pierce >>> ANNIHILATES <<< A young vagabond boy

Your pierce MANGLES a young vagabond boy (54.5) 
Your pierce MASSACRES a young vagabond boy (50.5) 

Your pierce === OBLITERATES === A young vagabond boy
As you can see, it not only completely messes up the summary information, it also swallows my prompt which works normally (it is also generated via script, using selectString, replace, and cecho).

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Also, just from looking at it, it seems that mini consoles now have anti-aliasing applied to the text, which was not done in 2.1. For small font sizes (I use size 8 for some things), this significantly reduces legibility.

valaria

Post by valaria »

Hello Vadi, thanks for the newer version, (and it might less my fear for a script loss..) anyway.. I noticed that colour trigger are still trigger only for first 16 colours. Beyond that, will you add 256 xterm colours for the colour trigger?