Some general questions

cjacques

Some general questions

Post by cjacques »

I'm relatively new to Mudlet and I'm not a programmer. I'm trying to do a few simple things and couldn't find the commands when I poked around the program.

- I'd like to set a few aliases for my game so when I type in a word it will execute a series of commands, all in a row. It might be 5 commands or 55.

- I'd like to set some keys to execute a command without having to press 'enter'. For example, I want to use the num pad to move quickly through rooms without any delay. When I press '2' I want to go north without having to press enter. Is that possible?

- I'd like to have some commands that will go off automatically every 'x' seconds.

Thanks for any help!

cjacques

Vadi

Re: Some general questions

Post by Vadi »

Have a look at http://www.mudlet.org/media, the screencasts there will help you with some of those basics!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Some general questions

Post by SlySven »

For the "aliases" part look at the "aliases" part of the editor (click the "Aliases" button on the top tool bar of the main window)! For the key pad thing you will probably want to look at the "Keys" part of the Editor which you may find it hard to believe but is accessable from the "Keys" button. From that you may not be too surprised at what the "Timers" part does! :wink:

I'm sorry if that sounds a bit glib, the wealth of features that we want/try/do offer can be a bit intimidating at first and I'll be honest in that there are bits of Mudlet that I don't fully understand yet and I've been poking around in the guts for a bit now...

Only proviso with aliases - try to avoid producing text on the console which will match the pattern of the alias that you use to trigger that alias, I leave it to your imagination to guess what happens then {but if you are lucky Mudlet will detect that and stop you using it}.

On the other hand, a well crafted piece of Lua script that does what it is designed to do can really enhance your Mudding experience and help to get more out of the game you are playing.