Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Vadi

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Post by Vadi »

Belgarath wrote:- A lot of the GUI (mudlet side, not my side) shows up as black space, and only when I hover over and click certain areas does the UI actually show up.
Buttons bottom-right and such? Could you show a screenshot?
Belgarath wrote: - When I tried to do a search in the main window for text, it stopped responding and I had to force quit it.
What did you search for and was that after playing for a long while?
Belgarath wrote: - The maximize/minimize seems to toggle back and forth without me making it do so (when connecting to a profile)

- The GUI my side keeps resizing itself in weird ways at certain points, like when moving around the settings. Clicked on Variables and the GUI resized itself.
Could you make a screencast showing this?

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

Alright, because I had extreme difficulties installing Java, I cannot record. But I took two snapshots. The bottom right icons are showing up in these shots, but they weren't before. The top icons are showing in a black background, but the variables icon isn't showing up at all.

In the second snap, I opened Variables and it reset the GUI and put another grey console in the middle of the screen..
Attachments
mudlet_3.0-screenshot2.png
mudlet_3.0-screenshot1.png

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Belgarath

Post by Belgarath »

Sorry for the obnoxious audio - I had no idea that was being recorded.

Here's a recording: http://quick.as/YBDYIXYR

Didn't get the crashing search thing... Wonder why it did it last time. Will keep fiddling with it - might have had to do with how much scrollback I had.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

That's certainly a strange one. I'll take a look later today to see if there's anything I can do my end to address the UI issue (I was the developer on that system for the UI/utility stuff). I have to say, though, I can't promise anything as I have never seen this happen before despite that system being nearly four years old. Will certainly give it a shot, though.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

How did you get the background of the toolbar to change to black? Are you using setAppStyleSheet()?

The reason you can't see the variables button is because it is a black "x =", it is black on black.

Belgarath

Post by Belgarath »

I don't know how the toolbar was changed to black - I didn't do it intentionally. It happens the same when I open a blank profile (and yes, I know you did fetaera, I still have the emails we exchanged [still wondering what happened to Serenity] :P).

tarkenton

Post by tarkenton »

Can confirm the black toolbar. Running the alpha on a Mac Pro 1,1 running 10.7.5

Mudlet also oddly resizes itself while using it. For example, if I open a profile, despite mudlet being full screen, once it loads the profile it shrinks itself to occupy the southwest quadrant of the screen. This happens even with another profile already open and with the client maximized. Can screen cast if necessary.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Black toolbar doesn't seem to happen on 10.8 or 10.9, unless anyone on those versions can mention otherwise?

I've confirmed the resizing issue, we'll have a look at it.

tarkenton

Post by tarkenton »

I'll verify tomorrow. The joys of working at a mac repair shop, plenty of machines to test on.