Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Vadi

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Post by Vadi »

Tarball is up on http://www.mudlet.org/download. The INSTALL file sucks, as this is the first time really we've made one, it hasn't been given much attention.

xabre

Post by xabre »

Thank you, most appreciated. Will look into it.

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

Vadi wrote:
hogarius wrote:Triggers are not responding to tab characters (\t) in a Perl reg-ex pattern specification.
I think Mudlet is stripping the \t now for you.
Hmm. This is not good.

The Simutronics authentication server uses the tab character as a delimiter between data elements.

For example, if you send "C" to the server (after having exchanged other information previously), the server responds with the following (spaces added for clarity; the spaces are not in the text sent from the mud server):

C \t 5 \t 16 \t 1 \t 1 \CHARCODE_001 \t CharName1 \t CHARCODE_002 \t CharName2 \t CHARCODE_003 \t CharName3 \t ...

This translates as the following:
C - indicates character info follows
5 - indicates number of characters used on the current account
16 - indicates total number of characters available on the current account
1 - indicates ????
1 - indicates ????
CHARCODE_001 - indicates the code to send to the mud server to select the first character listed
CharName1 - indicates the name of the first character
CHARCODE_002 - indicates the code to send to the mud server to select the second character listed
CharName2 - Indicates the name of the second character
CHARCODE_003 - indicates the code to send to the mud server to select the third character listed
CharName3 - indicates the name of the third character
... - indicates additional character codes and character names

I think that the tab character should be output to the mud window in the usual way text output shows a tab character--by moving to the next multiple-of-eight column and displaying the following text there.

I definitely think tab characters should be available in reg-ex patterns for triggers, so that incoming strings from the mud server that contain tab characters can be assigned to a Lua variable, parsed, etc.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet doesn't support tab characters, previously the character alignment would get all messed up and people needed to have triggers to replace that with spaces. This was now carried over into code to make it easier. Thanks for the heads up that this breaks some expected behaviour out there.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I looked at the commit that I thought introduced this, but it only strips the tabs on Mudlets own messages, not from the game output - so disregard what I mentioned earlier.

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

Actually, it looks like tabs are being converted to spaces on incoming text from the server, and not on text sent to the server from Mudlet. Which is good, because I do need to send tab characters to the authentication server.

And, it looks like one can substitute \s+? for \t in a trigger regex pattern for incoming text.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, the incoming tabs are the ones that are/were a problem, not outgoing ones.

So is it still an issue for you?

Omni

Post by Omni »

That sucks, I only play at least two of them and would like to remove the ones I don't from the list. Maybe the option to hide the icons?

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

Vadi wrote:Yeah, the incoming tabs are the ones that are/were a problem, not outgoing ones.

So is it still an issue for you?
No, I can make this work.

Thank you for the discussion.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Omni wrote:That sucks, I only play at least two of them and would like to remove the ones I don't from the list. Maybe the option to hide the icons?
Okay but that's always been the case, so not really related to 3.0.0-alpha feedback. Put it up in feature requests?