Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Kelvin

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-alpha

Post by Kelvin »

Yes, I am. Same errors.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Omni wrote:Few things I've noticed as I've started testing: selecting a variable with the checkbox, then clicking on another variable to view the value clears the checkbox for the previous one. Selecting multiple variables, say if you wanted to delete multiples does not work. There's also a random character issue, in that on the connection section when logging into Lusternia, the W in What is your password is replaced by a square. Small-ish issue, the icon gets broken it seems when this version is pinned to the taskbar. Loving a lot of the changes so far. Profile deletion still seems to be broken also.
Confirmed the checkbox. Multiple selection isn't a feature that the editor has, and profile deletion works fine - you'll need to explain what's wrong with it.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Omni wrote: Small-ish issue, the icon gets broken it seems when this version is pinned to the taskbar.
I've pinned it and haven't noticed anything change.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

hogarius wrote:Triggers are not responding to tab characters (\t) in a Perl reg-ex pattern specification.
I think Mudlet is stripping the \t now for you.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Omni wrote:(At least) one of my function scripts seems to have been cleared, with 0 code in the code box, yet the function is still present and working in mudlet.
If you can replicate how to do that, that'd be great. The 0 points towards something with the variables view, since that's where you'd see a 0 in the editor window most likely.

xabre

Post by xabre »

Which would be the current source code repository? Last commit on Sourceforge (which is linked on the downloads page) was over a year ago. Launchpad doesn't have anything recent either.

Generic installer for 3.0-alpha complains about missing libraries because not everything needed is packed, and if you choose to avoid bundled libs, it'll crash way too often, most likely due to newer Qt and necessary libs I have on my system (all of which are current stable versions, for example, Qt 5.3, icu 53 and so on).

Can we please have a source tarball? I do appreciate your efforts with the generic installer, but it really beats the point if that installer really works only on distributions that have Mudlet in their official repoes anyway. Plain and simple source code tarball would mean a lot for us who need to compile Mudlet for a distribution of our choice, and will in fact help Mudlet being properly packaged for more distributions than just Ubuntu and Debian. At least a proper Git tag will do. Thank you.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

There's no binary so you'll have to compile it yourself, but current can be found here.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

xabre wrote:Which would be the current source code repository? Last commit on Sourceforge (which is linked on the downloads page) was over a year ago. Launchpad doesn't have anything recent either.

Generic installer for 3.0-alpha complains about missing libraries because not everything needed is packed, and if you choose to avoid bundled libs, it'll crash way too often, most likely due to newer Qt and necessary libs I have on my system (all of which are current stable versions, for example, Qt 5.3, icu 53 and so on).

Can we please have a source tarball? I do appreciate your efforts with the generic installer, but it really beats the point if that installer really works only on distributions that have Mudlet in their official repoes anyway. Plain and simple source code tarball would mean a lot for us who need to compile Mudlet for a distribution of our choice, and will in fact help Mudlet being properly packaged for more distributions than just Ubuntu and Debian. At least a proper Git tag will do. Thank you.
Forgot to put a Git tag on, but the repository for the release is here. I'll make a tarball.

Omni

Post by Omni »

Code box is completely empty, yet the function persists and is working properly.

For profile deletion, I will enter the profile name to delete it, yet the profile is not deleted, unless the base profiles that are packaged with mudlet can't be properly deleted.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yes, base profiles with Mudlet can't be deleted, that's the same in 2.1.