Mudlet rpm?

Kyrton

Mudlet rpm?

Post by Kyrton »

Is there a mudlet rpm for fedora with instructions on how to build it?

Vadi

Re: Mudlet rpm?

Post by Vadi »

I'm afraid no. There is however a generic Linux installer that I've done my best to try and make work on the various distributions.

An rpm is an installable package, that is, a finished product - don't think you can build that further.

xabre

Post by xabre »

You might try alien to convert deb to rpm, but there's no guarantee it'll work.
I'm pretty confident it actually might, because it seems to me that current packages among all major distributions are quite similar. Speaking of those packages that Mudlet has as deps.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

Works on Mageia which is Redhat based, so yes, I agree. I think you may get lucky with alien.

Kyrton

Post by Kyrton »

ok sorry I am having a bug with yum anyhow so it's going to take a few days before I fix it and get to try playing around with mudlet. thanks for the responses though!

Kyrton

Post by Kyrton »

Ok, after attempting solving this on my own taking it to friends irl and searching the internet I cannot find a good solution and I would really like to use your client. Everytime I start yumex I get a locked by yum_childtask.py error that I cannot solve so I can't get the dependencies for mudlet. Anyone able to help? I tried deleting the .pid file it was associated with but it just came back up again and then i tried yum clean all and rpm --rebuilddb then ran it because at first I thought the error was caused by a repository I had. Now I am just lost. I looked and the only thing I could find aside from the above was a bug report that said it might be connected to a languagepack but they didn't offer a solution. I can pastebin my output if you want

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

Languagepack? Make sure you have hunspell installed along with a few languages.

Either way, did you try the suggestion from Vadi? That binary seems to work very well.

Kyrton

Post by Kyrton »

MHMM both require yum to be working to install the proper language packs (edit: sorry it was late when I typed this, I meant to install the libraries needed for mudlet) and the problem I am having with yum is a langpack problem
Last edited by Kyrton on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

How are language packs in yum related to Mudlet?

Kyrton

Post by Kyrton »

I have a lock on yum that may be related to a language pack bug. With that lock everytime I start yum I can't update or do anything. Because of this I cannot download the qt-4.7-sdk libraries I need to use mudlet

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=847502

the lock is caled yum_childtask.py

here is a pic of what I see on screen: http://imgur.com/BcrIQTf

I tried following instructions to remove it from here:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... ck-603251/

namely this:

Code: Select all

su -
( your root password when asked )
yum clean all
rpm --rebuilddb
and this:

Code: Select all

Open a terminal.
Become superuser by entering 'su' and then the password.
Then,
# cd /var/run/
# dir 
Look for the 'yum.pid' file.
# rm -f yum.pid
# dir
Confirm that the 'yum.pid' file has been deleted.
# yum update
neither method worked and as I said as long as that lock is in place I can't get the libraries for mudlet. It locks through the terminal too. After removing the .pid it just comes back if I start yumex again.