Link to home page

hogarius

Link to home page

Post by hogarius »

Something that's always bugged me, ever since some months ago when I began following these forums...

There's no link from the forums back to the main web page at http://www.mudlet.org . If one wants to return to the Mudlet home page, one must go back to the browser's address bar and type in the URL.

I don't think there's a link from the manual back to the home page either.

Vadi

Re: Link to home page

Post by Vadi »

I've added one to the top header.

I don't see an obvious place to add one on the wiki - but you can go to the start of the wiki and from there to the homepage easily.

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

Forum, Wiki, Website, etc, everything has its own layout, links, etc. I am not sure if it would be best to add a few more links here and there, or bring all into a same layout for everywhere.

Quick & dirty:
* In Forum top right side, next to "FAQ", "Members", add: "Website", "Wiki", etc.
* In Wiki, left side menu, under "Main Page", add: "Website", "Forum", etc.

edit: Clicking through the links on the website, seems like identica is down? http://www.mudlet.org/social-networking/

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The same layout everywhere would be nice, but that would require a lot of man-hours from a professional web designer - somebody we haven't got on our team!

Those suggestions are good, I'll see about making it happen.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I've added links to the wiki's sidebar, and the homepage link to the forums. The wiki link on the forums will get added later.

On some pages, the changes haven't taken effect yet - I'm not sure if it's browser or forums caching. I already refreshed the forums once and that wiped all my changes, so I had to do them all again.

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

It looks like the link to the home page on the top header of the forum is down.