ANSI-BBS Emulation?

rytz

ANSI-BBS Emulation?

Post by rytz »

Greetings:

Does Mudlet support the ANSI-BBS protocol? I was considering doing some work with Mudlet for a project but I will need ANSI-BBS support.

If not, is there a list of the protocols that Mudlet does support? I did see the wiki page below but do not know how accurate it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_MUD_clients

Thanks!

Vadi

Re: ANSI-BBS Emulation?

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet is geared towards MUDs, so it supports the telnet protocol only. Try it out and see if it works, I suppose?

rytz

Post by rytz »

Vadi wrote:Mudlet is geared towards MUDs, so it supports the telnet protocol only. Try it out and see if it works, I suppose?
Hi Vadi:

Telnet is used for this BBS. The BBS in question is running Worldgroup (or possibly MajorBBS). The MUD in question is MajorMUD. I tried to connect but get this message:
SGA not supported!
Your Telnet client at xx.xx.xx.xx is not compatible with this service
because the client does not support the SGA feature (supress go-ahead).
Is there more detailed documentation on the terminal protocols that are emulated in Mudlet? Outside of the source code, anyways.

Thanks.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Unfortunately not, but we don't aim to support extravaggant ones like VT-100 - just the basic ones used in MUDs. Mudlet however allows you to implement support for protocols entirely within Lua, by passing off unknown telnet options to you to handle. That might or might not enable to you build ANSI-BBS support - see here to get started.

rytz

Post by rytz »

Thanks for the info.