Thank you for creating Mudlet

RonaldReagansCorpse

Thank you for creating Mudlet

Post by RonaldReagansCorpse »

I just wanted to personally thank the person/people responsible for creating Mudlet. I've been mudding on and off since '96 and have always used zMUD. In my opinion it was the most versatile, however it wasn't free. Just recently I got back into mudding, and aside from paying for zmud, my only other option used to only be GMUD, which was very basic but was still better than using telnet.

Then I saw Mudlet, something I never heard of before. I downloaded it and have been using it, and I have to say I'm quite impressed.

While gmud only allowed very basic things like key binding, with Mudlet there hasn't been anything I've attempted to do that it couldn't handle. So far I have Triggers, Buttons, and Aliases set up. I ran into an issue where every time I attempted to create an alias it would crash, but a quick search on this forum gave me the steps to correct the infinite loop that was causing the crash.

I will be tackling tic timers and possibly more complicated variable triggers soon enough!

Anyway - Thank you. As a former programmer myself, I appreciated when people gave props, and far too often people only take to forums when they have an issue or dislike something - regardless of wither they paid a dime for the program or not.

In summary thank you very much for a free quality program. I've had hours upon hours of free enjoyment with it so far.

Regards,

Ronald Reagan's Corpse

Vadi

Re: Thank you for creating Mudlet

Post by Vadi »

Brilliant! We're glad you enjoy it.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

And (as you say you are a former programmer yourself) you can contribute to the code as well if that is something you want to do!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Always glad to see posts like this. Thank you.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'll let Heiko know about that - he's the sole administrator of the project registered on sourceforge.net