New Crash/Not Responsive

Delrayne

New Crash/Not Responsive

Post by Delrayne »

So, for once I have been on a roll about clicking 'save profile' every now and again to ensure I don't lose any data...But even this has back fired on me. After about six hours of coding for Imperian's Tounrament of Ages Friday, I clicked the 'save profile' button and mudlet locks up, forces itself to quit, and I lose everything I did in that six hour window, which was pretty extensive... So just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, be careful when you save. You never know what will happen :cry:

Edit: Can we please have a function that saves the profile now? So we can put it on a timer and be relatively safe?

kevutian

Re: New Crash/Not Responsive

Post by kevutian »

More info is needed here. If you are able, could you provide a proper backtrace?

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

If by backtrace you mean this: I 'QUIT' imperian, then browsed the internet for awhile(an hour or so). When I decided to close mudlet down, I clicked the 'SAVE PROFILE' button and that's when mudlet went non-responsive, the save profile button stayed depressed after the click, and I just left mudlet open for a while after that in hopes that it would come out of it, and I wouldn't lose any data...but no such luck.

If you mean something along the lines of a crash log, you'll have to walk me through getting that to you.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I've not heard issues saving either, or what could a crash... has this happened since?

I agree on the function - it might or might not have been posted in the API requests thread. Should be posted if it hasn't yet.

keresZ

Post by keresZ »

Delrayne wrote: I 'QUIT' imperian, then browsed the internet for awhile(an hour or so). When I decided to close mudlet down, I clicked the 'SAVE PROFILE' button and that's when mudlet went non-responsive.
Currently saved profile is likely something held in your computers 'temporary' memory (RAM), and likely something that could easily be corrupted/moved/over-written if it hasn't been accessed or managed by the host application (Mudlet) for a long time (in this case, over an hour).

I definitely can not say for certain, but that sounds like what might of happened, and probably isn't related to a specific error or problem within Mudlet. Try saving your profile closer to when the application actually has it loaded in memory to avoid this problem in the future, at least until it's resolved.

That's just my two-cents; I could be way off.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That's possible. Really no clue at the moment yet - haven't heard anyone else mention anything like this. So this could be plausible.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

I just worked for a few hours on coding work and then took a nap. While I was napping, my computer decided to crash on me and it lost all of the work I did. I am furious... Can we please have a function to SAVE PROFILE? So I could make a timer to save every five minutes or so?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah - ask in the API requests thread please :)

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

Done. Thank you! :)