Automatic Logging with HTML

Rakon

Automatic Logging with HTML

Post by Rakon »

For as long as I can remember there has been issues with the built-in HTML logging ending prematurely. As well the built-in HTML logging only logs the raw incoming data, as in, before gags/echos/highlights/triggers are processed. Is this something that is seeing any attention in regards to being changed or fixed??

I'd like to have automatic logging setup Ala Wyd's script from 2010. It's an automatically rotating logger for your session, but with full HTML output like what is given with Vadi's screendump.

Currently what I do, is just run that logScreen function when I log out (with a buffer of 5mil lines). Sure that gives me a log file, but it's 1)HUGE, 2)might be the wrong date if I started playing right before midnight and go into the morning.

So, anyone have an updated HTML logger that works on an automatic basis like the builtin logger does??

Vadi

Re: Automatic Logging with HTML

Post by Vadi »

It has been adjusted to log post-triggers a while back, so that's fine now. I think 2.0 or 2.1 also had a fix for the premature log stopping - but that still seems to occur.

thornn52

Post by thornn52 »

Any idea if this is being worked on? I just attempted to use the html logging last night and it stopped well before I logged out. I would just stick with the text logging, and I will obviously since the html isn't working right, but the text is all cluttered and has no respect for format, spacing, etc. Any way to fix this at least?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Just to confirm, are you using Mudlet 2.1?

thornn52

Post by thornn52 »

Yes, I just downloaded it a week ago or so.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

1. Bug is fixed now.
2. @Rakon: pure text stream logging got now changed to buffer dumps like the html logging.

thornn52

Post by thornn52 »

Sorry, just for clarification, are you meaning the html bug or the text issue?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

both

thornn52

Post by thornn52 »

Awesome, thanks!

thornn52

Post by thornn52 »

Oh, forgot to ask... how does mudlet do its updates so I can get the logging fixes?