Mudlet 2.1

kevutian

Re: Mudlet 2.1

Post by kevutian »

I very much doubt that is anything to do with Geyser, personally. It's just not the sort of behaviour one would expect to experience from a UI manager.

I have used Geyser for a fair while now, and I also display the map with the wrapper provided....

I have never experienced what you describe.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

So then let's narrow the issue down.

Silvine, what OS are you running? Also, would you put the code up that you're using to create the Geyser container and map please? And finally, if you're feeling really froggy a short screencast of the behaviour you're seeing. Your description isn't bad, but more detail is almost always better when troubleshooting an issue. Only if you're feeling froggy though.

This should allow others to attempt to duplicate what you're seeing. If we can duplicate it, then we've already won a large part of the battle =)

PS - I apologize if you've mentioned your OS in some previous post and I've missed it... my memory is spotty for these things sometimes.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

demonnic your way to hip with the kids for me! I googled froggy in case it was a screen capture program I didn't know about, umm I was wrong. So out popped the iphone
IMG_0784.zip
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 522 times
Lesson learned though, zip everything :)
Running windows 7
mudlet 2.1
code is
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
local main = Geyser.Container:new({x=0,y=0,width="100%",height="100%",name="bedlammapper container"})

local mapper = Geyser.Mapper:new({
  name = "bedlammapper",
  x = string.format("-%sc",demonnic.chat.config.width + 2), y = 0, -- edit here if you want to move it
  width = "-15px", height = string.format("-%sc",demonnic.chat.config.lines + 2)
}, main)
Cut and paste from your good self I believe. tried it with and without the local.
I also have YATCO2.3
You can also download the whole thing at forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2730&p=16013#p16013
Hope this is what your after.
thanks

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

A couple of quick thoughts. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue as yet.

But you're creating a container that is at 0,0 and 100% of the height and width. This is essentially what the Mudlet main window is. I think you've perhaps reversed your parameters. If you make the container at the x,y coordinates and the height/width you want the mapper to be, then the mapper can be set to 0,0 and 100%/100% . Because it is attached to the container it will confine itself to the container's area.

That having been said, unless you're going to put something else in the same spot as the map, or attach something to the map which you will want to move and resize as a unit with the map, you don't really -need- a container for it. You could just not make the container, and make the mapper the same way you are now, but not attached to any container.

I will see if I can reproduce the issue, but in the meantime you may want to adjust the way you are doing things. It's possible that will end up resolving it for you.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

I tried both removing the container, and resizing the container to just the map size. Both made no difference.
Currently I've removed the local and the container. The map is the size I want, in the position I want.
code is
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
mapper = Geyser.Mapper:new({
  name = "bedlammapper",
  x=string.format("-%sc",demonnic.chat.config.width + 2),y=0, -- edit here if you want to move it
  width="-15px",height=string.format("-%sc",demonnic.chat.config.lines + 2)
})

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Have you tried using a new profile to test the mapper object? By this I mean just make a new profile and put the code for the mapper in, hardcoding values where necessary.

If it still does it, we'll know it's something with your computer or mudlet installation as a whole. If it works as normal then there's something else in your profile we need to find.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

You should first test the direct Mudlet API version of the mapper widget -> createMapper() and analyze the problem in your profile from there.

I don't know if Vyzor or Geyser mapper widgets work correctly, but createMapper() certainly does.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Actually createMapper() gives me problems as well. Its really strange. I was able to move the rooms to the right but not to the left. attached a video.
Excuse the tv in the background :P
IMG_0785.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 539 times
Last edited by Silvine on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Good to know it may be somewhere in Geyser... but I would still ask that you try using the Geyser object in a new profile to see if it's interacting with something else in your profile. If we can fix Geyser we really ought to, since it ships with Mudlet.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Ok, so I just downloaded my own mapper package into a fresh profile and I was able to move the rooms around ok. the cursor was an arrow as well. It seems my profile has something wrong with it. Its going to be a nightmare to try and clean up :(