Mudlet 2.1

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Mudlet 2.1

Post by Heiko »

Delrayne wrote:Crashed mudlet 2.1 last night and earlier today. Last night I was copy/pasting from the buffer and it went into not responding mode. Had to force quit. Earlier today I was going through the buffer with a via the search box on the bottom right and it stopped responding forcing another quit. I've had the same issue with copy/paste on a previous version, though I can't duplicate at will. It just seems to happen at the most inopportune times. I run ubuntu 12.something can't remember. Let me know what all specifics you need, and I'll be sure to post them up.
Crashes on Linux are almost always related to broken compilers or broken qt libs. Go and get yourself properly compiled Qt libs (Qt SDK) for Linux.

chris

Post by chris »

Also, if you can compile it from Qt Creator, the debug mode in there is great for catching bugs that are related to mudlet code versus things outside your control. If not, try running from gdb and posting that backtrace.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

Heiko wrote: Crashes on Linux are almost always related to broken compilers or broken qt libs. Go and get yourself properly compiled Qt libs (Qt SDK) for Linux.
Got qt SDK installed. Will I have to reinstall mudlet now?

chris

Post by chris »

If you compiled mudlet, I would say yes. If you installed from something like apt-get, I have no idea.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

Installed via package manager.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

You need to uninstall Mudlet and compile your own version against the sdk and run the newly compiled binary - or use windows :)

We had lots of these random ghost crash issues on Linux before. Compiling Mudlet yourself against the sdk fixes these issues.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

ah thanks

Barnabus

Post by Barnabus »

There's a slight bug with MCCP code. If MCCP is turned on, then off, then on again, binary data is output to screen. The first toggle on and off work correctly.

As this is a new MCCP implementation on the server, I've tested in CMUD and tf, both work as expected.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thanks, we'll investigate

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

When I use Geyser mapper to display the map in I get a couple of issues.
Geyser.Container:new & Geyser.Mapper:new
1. If I try to move rooms the move command either does nothing or the rooms move in some random direction
2. The cursor is an I bar not the normal arrow.
If I comment out the geyser stuff, restart and use the default mapper everything is as it should be, but returns if I use geyser again. Maybe this is a geyser issue rather than a mudlet issue.