Mudlet 2.1

Akaya

Re: Mudlet 2.1

Post by Akaya »

I actually posted about the characters a day or two ago. Images of these characters and a bit more depth to the problem can be found here

dustandwind7

Post by dustandwind7 »

hi Mudlet!

I had 2.0 and recently upgraded to 2.1 and it works fine for me (except my debug tab is buggy-- it only shows me every other character, skipping letters here and there). My brother uses the IRE html5 client and wants to switch to mudlet. He installed 2.1 but Windows keeps telling him Mudlet.exe stopped working and some anonymous problem is keeping it from working properly. He has Windows 7 and so do I and it works for me but its not working for him. Do you have any advice for him? or have there been others with this problem? Please reply to this thread to help. Thank you!

Will

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

hi Will,

There are a lot of questions we generally ask at this point in order to begin narrowing down the problem. It may prove to be easier over IRC, where we can interact in realtime and not clutter this thread with requests for further information and their subsequent answers. You can join the IRC channel in your web browser by opening http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=mudlet and filling out the short form. I myself am generally around during the day(EST) , and there are several other wonderful people who are also quite knowledgeable and helpful who live in other parts of the world who may be online and able to render assistance.

I may be online in a little while here also..

ETA: If you hop on, and we don't answer, I promise we're not snubbing you. Wait for a response if you can. Sometimes we're not able to be active in the window constantly, or we're not actually at the keyboard for one reason or another. Sometimes, we're lucky and get to play a MUD, even =) But I do think that IRC will be the most efficient medium to help you with your issue in the long run.

Rydekull

Post by Rydekull »

Bug with Color Trigger, unsure if this is available in 2.0 or earlier, havn't tested it.

But, do a color trigger.
Set line #1 to yellow fg, blue bg.
Set line #2 to white fg, blue bg.

Notice how line #2 doesnt change the "color" of the button. It should get white, try changing the fg-color to something else and you'll notice the change.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thank you for the report!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

display() has a couple of issues, as listed below
  • display() does not show the key entry for iterated pairs tables - this makes it hard to tell what entry you're looking at on longer tables
  • When displaying tables with string entries that have \ in them, two \ are displayed. However, when displaying a string directly, only a single \ is shown. display() needs to remain consistent throughout, and should be showing what is IN them, not displaying how you would WRITE them. The same goes for strings containing a quote character (") - please do not display them with a slash before.
  • When a table entry is recursive, it does not show how many levels up it's pointing to, it just says <cycle> - it can be cycling to the table it's in, or to the table above that... No clues given. <cycle 1> or <cycle 2> would be great. (really, feature request)

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

To be honest, I think the kinds of people who use display() are more than capable to differentiate between the different outputs and requesting things like this really is just overkill and a waste of time.

Just my 2c.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

Crashed mudlet 2.1 last night and earlier today. Last night I was copy/pasting from the buffer and it went into not responding mode. Had to force quit. Earlier today I was going through the buffer with a via the search box on the bottom right and it stopped responding forcing another quit. I've had the same issue with copy/paste on a previous version, though I can't duplicate at will. It just seems to happen at the most inopportune times. I run ubuntu 12.something can't remember. Let me know what all specifics you need, and I'll be sure to post them up.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

phasma wrote:To be honest, I think the kinds of people who use display() are more than capable to differentiate between the different outputs and requesting things like this really is just overkill and a waste of time.

Just my 2c.
Eh. I agree with you on the end of the post, the 'not showing keys' issue is a big issue to me, since I often work with iterated tables, and need to know the keys.

Escaped characters in the display... While yeah, it's able to be recognized rather easily, to me is on the 'Why? WHY?' side of things. It's a debug utility for showing the table... I don't need to be confused when I'm coding tired. If a function for showing a table in a format that can be c/p'd into a script is needed, let's add a function called showTable or some such, not repurpose the existing debug-util for that.

The last bit of my post.. yeah, I agree. Overkill. Wishlist, but overkill. In other words, the post was from "most important" to "least important", in the order of how those issues affect me personally.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I agree that display() is a debug tool and as such it's imperative that keys are properly indicated.